or Connect

Posts by clexman

I'm really happy to see something here about the other competitors in the market. I'm a BlackBerry user, but love Apple gear. Nice to see something that actually acknowledges that other phones exist and are trying their best to compete.
Its nice to have options. Like Windows on a Mac. If this guy is out of work, he will definitely be able to find a job now. I know that an iPhone running the iPhone OS is best, but its good to see something neat like this done.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black... Because everyone knows that Apple's platforms are not closed and proprietary...
Sorry, but I like to decide what form factor phone I have. Its nice to have a choice of a candybar style, flip, touchscreen and a high & low end full QWERTY. I'd hardly call it, "Flooding the market." They currently offer a choice of 5 of the 6 (no slider yet) form factors that cover pretty much every phone currently in production. I don't know what "shock" you may be referring to because Apple will never beat RIM in North America unless they offer something in other form...
What? No Sprint 4G phone article? Something to beat the iPhone in almost every way and no article to say its not that good? This is your chance for balanced reporting AppleInsider. Bring it on!
This is pushing it. Telling us what we want is too much.
Exactly the point I was trying to get across. Some people are quick to dismiss OLED as inferior, but it seems that its the current display software thats inferior, not the screens themselves.
My point is that his testing method does not prove which display is best, just which software + phone hardware + display combination is best. When a normal display (e.g. TV or computer monitor) review is done, the various displays are compared while connected to the same video source. In this case the 2 displays are connected to completely different sources. This makes it kind of hard to conclude which display is best, just which total package is best.
What's scientific about an opinion? He used no scientific equipment to actually test the two, just his eyes. With that said, I'm not surprised that he finds the iPhone more accurate. A real test would have involved removing the displays from each phone and using the same equipment to generate the images on the displays. Only a few manufacturers make LCDs, but they look very different on different brands of devices. If I had to guess, I'd say that its the iPhone software...
The NYT Company owns over 20 newspapers and maintains 35 unique websites. They are much bigger than just 1 large market...