or Connect

Posts by anonymouse

Zzzzzzzzz......
  Really? Please point out my "random insults". This claim is about as evidenced based as your others.   And, no, I don't consider pointing out that you don't have evidence to support your assertions a random insult.
  And, you're welcome to provide data at any time to substatiate the ongoing claims here about "shipped" being somehow the same as "sold". But, as already pointed out to you, the corroborating data isn't there. For example, the usage stats are nowhere near the claimed marketshare or shipped numbers. Find some independent numbers to corroborate your beliefs. 
  Unfortunately for you, the possibly corroborating evidence doesn't support your beliefs, but contradicts them.   Translation: "You're wrong again. No surprise."
  Yes, "analysts" are, in general, pretty lazy, especially when it comes to intelligent thought. I know, I know, it's a lot of work to actually use your mind and reason things out, that's why "analysts" favor convenient little metrics like comparing the same quarters year to year and "shipments", because those are "clean" little yardsticks that don't actually require any, you know, analysis, to trot out.   And, while quarterly year-over-year comparisons aren't necessarily...
I think the most interesting statistic shown here is that Amazon's share of tablet based traffic (Kindle Fire + HD) dropped by something like roughly 30% YOY. Admittedly, the numbers aren't that big to begin with, but it can't be viewed as a good sign that they are going backwards.   Android's seems to have increased from almost nothing to very little. Not surprising, given how low they were a year ago, but they aren't exactly storming the ramparts, either,...
  They are settling because the publishing industry is on shaky ground already, thanks, in large part, to the control of Amazon over the industry. Rather face an even more draconian outcome, were they to lose, from a DoJ embarked on an irrational, myopic and possibly corrupt crusade, they are simply making a business decision to accept a penalty that won't destroy them immediately to avoid one that might.   This isn't about admitting guilt, it's about caving to bullying...

At best, you've engaged in logical inference, not deduction, and an argument by analogy is as weak as the similarities between the situations. Since you've admitted you don't know enough about the Roman Republic or Empire, "to make a particular claim," one would expect that you wouldn't, rather than assert a flight of fancy and wishful thinking as "reasonable". How could it possibly be reasonable if you don't have sufficient knowledge to determine if it's reasonable?...
  Because, unless you are paid to love them, your feelings about Google and using Google products and services are an informal IQ test. Intelligent people avoid Google whenever possible.