or Connect

Posts by yakovlev

Pants pocket dialing won't happen in this scenario since you will have to touch the screen with a finger, not with a random object.
  Punishment? But why?   Since Samsung holds a view that pinch-to-zoom and LaunchTile are identical, they would surely be happy to change their products to use LaunchTile. By their own logic, it won’t make any difference.
Apple, Google, Amazon and others should set up a patent pool and buy out patents that prey on their app ecosystems.
Bullshit.CSS3 transforms, transitions and animations are not critical to real world web applications. It would be nice to have them, but they're not critical. IE9 has perhaps the fastest implementation of canvas and inline SVG, and it really works, and that is what matters.Lately I've implemented a rotating cube in canvas. IE9 was the fastest browser, hands down. Did not skip a frame. Jaw-dropping performance. Safari was okay, but I decided to re-write it with CSS3 TT&A to...
Limited fashion? They have hardware acceleration for canvas and it's silky smooth. I'd say, it's the fastest canvas on the planet. Every canvas implementation does not support something here or there. However, IE9 is still in beta, so by the time it is officially released, it will surely support the remaining bits of canvas functionality. Though, by that time other browsers may include full hardware acceleration as well.I've been an active hater of IE through all these...
As we have heard, white is difficult to get right in this particular case. So, once they finally get it right, I expect Apple to sort of take their revenge and release a whole line-up of colors for the next-gen iPhone (Ã* la iPod). It's easy to make different colors once you have white.
Maybe this *is* the PSP2. We've only heard about standard smartphone hardware so far, but there could be additional chips inside for advanced graphics. Then Sony can position PSP2 as: an iPhone-class smartphone + extremely powerful graphics + convenient, real gaming controls. A good proposition. Perhaps the best one they can do at the moment. The Ericsson logo messing this up… Sony could buy out Ericsson's part of the phone business, turning this into PlayPhone....
NFC is being built into SIM cards, not the phone itself, so they can provide this functionality for every iPhone ever sold. You sure don't want to buy a new phone just to get a new "gimmick" electronic payment system, but if it's just a new SIM, why not? With this strategy, Apple will get every iPhone/iPod touch user on board, which would actually be a pretty big number. Enough to convince other companies to start building NFC hardware into their turnstiles/vending...
I think exactly the same, Dave. VMWare and Parallels provide nice solutions, but these still need to be installed, it's not an it-just-works experience. Apple can just build in an x86 virtualization, or they can go further and build some API virtualization *as well* (Ã* la WINE project). Then, if you use relatively simple programs that do not use too obscure APIs, you won't even have to buy Windows. Recall that "Barolo" project codename? Windows could become the new...
You are right. I owe you a proof. Let's take the net profit data for the last 5 quarters:http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:AAPL&fstype=iiThat would be $2,532M, $3,378M, $3,074M, $3,253M and $4,308M (net profit per quarters). Assuming linear growth of the net profit, they will amass additional $150B in 20 quarters, i.e. 5 years. So that's what I was talking about. Mid-term future. Sorry if I wasn't being clear.