or Connect

Posts by DJRumpy

Actually anything with an A7 or above gets this by default but it does bear repeating. "On a device with an A7 processor, the key operations are performed by the Secure Enclave, which also enforces a 5-second delay between repeated failed unlocking requests. This provides a governor against brute-force attacks in addition to safeguards enforced by iOS. "
I would say lack of a diverse economy and shortsightedness destroyed their economy. If they didn't place their entire economy into one or two critical 'cogs', they wouldn't be in this situation.
You're missing the point.They can't compel anyone to 'talk'. This is no different. They could force them to use the touch ID if they stored a fingerprint, just as they can force you to breath into a breathalyzer, or to give a blood alcohol reading. The catch here is that they couldn't prove it was entered by the person other than via circumstantial evidence. You cannot compel someone to convict themselves by testimony. You can either prove it through direct evidence, or...
Good thing people would never consider remaining silent. That would put them...well...above the law! Seriuosly, where does this tool come up with his sense of entitlement to everyone's data? He can't compel anyone to testify today, and the same will be true tomorrow.
It's possible they may have wanted it, only to get buyers remorse if the end result was unusable due to ergonomics (UI design, sheer bulk, cost, etc.). That is the entire definition of buyers remorse. Regretting a purchase after the fact, either due to guilt, or to unforeseen negatives. Apple typically doesn't have a problem with being impulsive. Samsung on the other hand has put out a footprint for just about every size imaginable in an apparent attempt to see what...
I think the term you are are hedging around is a 'spec whore'. Someone who elevates specifications above usability regardless of the outcome.
When it came to the "I'm a Mac", there was always a contrast. This is their way...here is our way. This is true for most commercials, unless it simply states what it is, or what it does, without necessarily contrasting against some competetor. It wasn't simply an attack ad. Samsung seems to have resorted to the latter.   Regarding the Stylus:  A stylus is nothing. You can pick one up for a couple of bucks and it will work with anything in iOS and on an iPhone, iPad, or...
I would have preferred something like a horizontal or vertical bar who's height matches the busy time for that particular day. The dot isn't particularly useful to me as I have something in every day, so every day has a dot. For a quiet calendar it might be useful, but for mine, not so much. I'll be curious to see what improvements they make.
They fixed the damn maps loop crash. That and the .com button were the most irritating items to live with the last two betas. The maps crash was the worst, as once you got into the crash you often lost use of your maps app altogether for navigation. I was down to just a single iOS device that was still working. Still using the Yellow on White background in notes though Ugh...still a few bad design choices needing fixing.