or Connect

Posts by DJRumpy

Every Mac takes maybe 10 minutes to upgrade the ram with cheap after market memory. $100 bucks and your done, even on the iMac and the Mini.
You seem to be implying that support for Windows isn't technically viable, which is a bit of an exaggeration. IT shops around the world support Windows on a variety of hardware platforms. Most end user problems can be chalked up to basic user error, configuration/conflict issues, or hardware failures. User errors and hardware failures are often the easiest to troubleshoot. It's the weird ones that are a pain in the arse. Windows is definitely NOT error free, but it is well...
I would guess that MS has the funds, and considers this an experiment in it's own right. More of a 'what if' scenario for them. MS has more money than they know what to do with. There is always the possibility that this could drum up business, or change the 'cheap' image that MS has, which may be the intended result all along. This may be less about making sales, and more about changing perception of MS itself.
Sleazy yes, but a valid business tactic. They are trying to figure out what makes the Apple Store tick and to gain some Apple talent. Unfortunately, I see this as trying to plug an A/C device into a D/C power source. They come from two different cultures. The shock may kill them I find this whole MS store an odd curiosity. MS itself doesn't make PC's. They sell software, and the Zune. That's it. Apple on the other hand, is more hardware centric, with a smattering of...
I see this as forcing the hand of pipe providers to up the ante or get pushed by the wayside by (hopefully) more competition. Telco's will no longer be able to oversell their services, or they will have to be more upfront about the services they CAN provide. There have been too many shady contracts and penalties to consumers who are simply trying to use what they were sold. This could also add additional costs to the consumer, but the simple truth is, that right now...
Overbearing attitude and arrogance? Can you point me to the post that particular post? I never claimed to represent 'the rest of the word'. This is a forum, where people are allowed to express their own opinions and ideas. Kind of the point, no? Try to relax a little and grow up. Personal attacks gain you nothing and frankly make you look your trolling. Your comments are unnecessarily inflammatory and acidic.
You seem to think I implied that the iMac is outperforming the Mac Pro. I only indicated that it was good performance for the price. The vast majority of users won't need that kind of horsepower, which is why Apple even offers a Mac Pro at a substantially higher price. I do a lot of H.264 encoding on a 3.06 iMac. I find it's performance very acceptable.
Actually the Core 2 Duo (3.06 GHz) in the iMac stacks up decently against the CPU bench scores of a Quad Core Mac Pro. Given the huge price difference, the iMac is a good bang for the buck.http://www.macworld.com/article/1395...acpro2009.html (scroll to the bottom to see the benchmark scores)There comes a point where you get diminishing returns for the extra cash. The iMac seems to be in a good sweet spot between high cost and decent CPU performance.
I did a small bit of tweaking to get that.Turned down the brightness to a more reasonable levelTurned off pushTurned off location services (it will turn on if you happen to need it)Turned off notificationsTurned off PushTurned off Fetch for mail (I just check it manually when needed)I've also heard that using the EQ with the iPod functions will add additional drain to battery life but I've never compared the two. I do use a bluetooth headset at the gym for about an hour. I...
Amazing that my habits in all of these areas changed dramatically since I upgraded to 3.1 Actually my habits haven't changed at all. I am very conscious of my power usage on an iPhone. I typically get 3+ days on a charge, but the 3.1 update knocked that down from 3 to 2 days and even down to 1.5 days in some instances. The weird part is that it's not consistent. Same usage patterns from day to day and sometimes battery life is good (3 days), and some times it's bad (1.5...