or Connect

Posts by DJRumpy

How funny that you can use a software product for years and still find something new. I've always just relied on the displayed shortcut keys in the menus themselves.
Lol. I've been looking for these shortcuts! They need to do a better job of advertising these. Command + # is good for switching library categories.
I rarely mess with the manual playlists these days. I switched to smart lists and just use comment fields for search criteria when genre isn't enough. Plenty of rough edges they need to iron out apparently. Fortunately, with my workflow, the changes that impacted me were minor with workarounds.
  I can't agree more. I'm surprised that people with large libraries can use anything but the list views, but to each his own. At least they can fall back to an older version until or if such a time as Apple puts those bits back.
Betting Apple is being swarmed with suggestions, but useful and erm..colorful ;) lol
If it's just the current tune artwork, click the image next to the timeline at the top center and you'll get a separate window with the iTunes artwork, which can be moved around, resized, etc.
See the third comment here for help falling back. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4554853?tstart=0 Make sure you back up your playlists first before falling back. You can use Doug's scripts, or use the Export function to back up an XML export of your playlists.
You can uninstall on a Mac as well. If its not in this thread, you can find it with a few quick searches, but it does require that you have a backup of your old iTunes library files. I'll see if I can find it.
For #1, Click on Devices. you can then browse to the various sections like Books to see what's on the actual device. You can also search from the device view. (Edit: Scratch that..the search field is there but doesn't seem to function on the device view). You can set the column sorts in iTunes and that sort setting syncs to the device though. For #3, you can always use your volume keys. I haven't found an easy workaround yet for #2 other than Command + I to get to the...
I'd forgotten about Music Videos. I used to have a few, but deleted them some time back. I suspect the lack of the Playlists option on the other screen is just an oversight that they will correct in due course, or at least I hope so. I think other than that, the Home Movies bit is the least useful addition. It's more like a 'genre' than a Library category as it has no dropdown pick in the Library categories. It's just an odd add-on that seems sort of half implemented....