or Connect

Posts by DJRumpy

The cloud button just indicates when you have downloads available in the cloud for the selected library category. For example, any past purchases, digital downloads, etc. I elected to just turn them off in the preferences, but you can also turn them off via specific file selection, or just for a specific category (Movies, Music, etc). I think Apple could do the context sensitive playlists properly. If a playlist displays a specific type of media, show it in that media...
My download took mere seconds. I'm guessing they are now doing alphas for ATV, so that's cool. The install took the typical 3-5 minutes. No issues to report as of yet although I don't use Music much on ATV.
Heh. Looks like you can now export Smart List criteria in iTunes 11. That's excellent, although it appears you would have to do each on individually (the script above will export all of them in one shot...handy for a full backup). Just make sure you export it using the XML format (the default is TXT).
By the way, for those nervous about losing any playlists, you can export them beforehand, including the criteria for Smart Playlists (a feature that iTunes lacks for some reason). http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=exportsmartcriteria   Just download and put this apple script in your ~/Library/iTunes/Scripts folder. It will let you do 'Selected' playlists, or 'All'. Very handy.
Why would I want to start dragging a file just to see a playlist? It also only shows the devices and the 'purchased' playlist and any static lists,. The feature you describe is useful for moving or adding a file to a device or static list, but doing that to simply access your playlists makes no sense. The issue isn't about moving or adding a media file to a device. It's the fact that the playlist button only shows up under Music, rather than under movies, podcasts, music...
  I use playlists extensively and they all moved over intact. There are also scripts you can use to back them up (including Smart Lists). A good idea if you have a ton like I do.
  Visuals are under the View menu.
  You're being a bit of a drama queen. Coverflow was just a horizontal scrolling selection for albums. Does the forced switch to vertical scrolling throw your world out of kilter? Some of the posts in here are a bit amusing. At least they got it in before the Mayan calendar ends ;)
Click the dropdown in the search field and deselect 'Search Entire Library'
Hmm.. the Home Videos isn't really a new Category in your LIbrary. They still show up under 'Movies', so I'm not sure what value it has. Was really hoping they offered a new category. If someone can come up with a reason for this one I'd be curious about it. About the only benefit I see is that it just has a different Media Kind for smart lists which might make some easier, but other than that, not very useful.