or Connect

Posts by DJRumpy

I use playlists extensively and they all moved over intact. There are also scripts you can use to back them up (including Smart Lists). A good idea if you have a ton like I do.
  Visuals are under the View menu.
  You're being a bit of a drama queen. Coverflow was just a horizontal scrolling selection for albums. Does the forced switch to vertical scrolling throw your world out of kilter? Some of the posts in here are a bit amusing. At least they got it in before the Mayan calendar ends ;)
Click the dropdown in the search field and deselect 'Search Entire Library'
Hmm.. the Home Videos isn't really a new Category in your LIbrary. They still show up under 'Movies', so I'm not sure what value it has. Was really hoping they offered a new category. If someone can come up with a reason for this one I'd be curious about it. About the only benefit I see is that it just has a different Media Kind for smart lists which might make some easier, but other than that, not very useful.
You can view the next 20 tracks by clicking the playlist button right to the right of the randomize button. Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it gives you a decent glance at upcoming tracks.
FYI, the new Home Movie option is another media type under your library, which is a welcome addition. You can tag a movie as a 'Home Movie' instead of just 'Movie'. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to show up under the sidebar list of categories under Library, but it does access them from the new horizontal 'Home Movie' button.
They should advertise that as a 48GB model. MS doesn't count the space taken by the Surface OS (Windows RT), which takes up some 12 GB..lol They've already been hit with a lawsuit over it.
So far my biggest gripe is the lack of easy access to Playlists, which has prompted me to turn the sidebar back on. If someone uses iTunes to focus on one specific type of media, this will vastly simplify their experience. They made an odd choice of hiding the playlist button for all except for music. That button then in turns shows all playlists for Music, Movies, Podcasts, etc. What they should have done is logically shown a playlist button if you have playlists for...
The randomize button is identical to what you get in iOS. It's to the right of the playback timeline (top center of the GUI) directly after the track 'end' time.