or Connect

Posts by LighteningKid

"And now the new "I"-phone. It's absolutely aMAYzing how thin and light we've made this sucker. I tell ya, you invest some of that blood money into Apple, and by the end of the year I'll have ya wearin' gold plated diapers!"
Oi... Iovine reads Nietzsche would be painful, I think. He's nice to listen to when he's relaxed, but when he starts speaking formally he seems to get this odd cadence to his speech and an almost Christopher Walken-like "emPHAsis" to his words.
Are you saying you think there'll be "one more thing"? Can't be, or they'll have to pay fees to Swatch!
Well, if I earned $600,000 in a week, I'd think that would be good. I guess it's all relative. And I suppose you also have to account for the fact that he earns that all up front and he's not going to earn $600,000 every single week (most likely, anyway).
There's been talk about how the iPod Touch didn't get Pay because it isn't "always connected", but I was looking on the Apple website and it shows that Passbook is pre-installed on the iPod. That makes it seem like skipping Pay really was just a choice by Apple and not because the iPod isn't always connected. Now, granted, my old iPod Touch can't even install Passbook so I don't know exactly how this works - is anyone else aware of some major difference between how...
I always had a feeling it would be something like this. It seemed too unlikely that they would have changed their policy in just a few hours and only because of her. There were talks going on for a few days, and she was just one part of ... well, a Big Machine, I guess.
They were taking tweets, too, weren't they? I thought on the first day they said they'd be monitoring #beats1 for requests at certain times.
I've only ever used edX and I'd be interested to know what you'd change on it if you could. I've found it's format pretty nice overall, though some courses seem not to take advantage of being as interactive as the system seems to allow. My personal gripes with actual functionality would probably only be occasional glitches in the way the LaTeX is displayed, or coding errors on videos that make the sound cut out or get out of sync when sped up. Plus there are some issues...
I was just making a joke, really... not even really a joke so much as an observation. It seems to me lots of people around here complain about the mini at every chance. I've never even owned (or wanted) one. Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread or upset you.
I wish there were more courses about developing applications using Swift for the Mac. It seems like all the programming courses these days are for mobile - but the Mac is far from dead!