or Connect

Posts by LighteningKid

Have some fonts changed slightly? And did fonts change slightly in Safari 2 days ago? It looks just a little different...
I think the idea is something along the lines of the cable company saying, "Look, your speed was 15 Mbps and now it's 25 Mbps! That's a 66% increase, so your cost is going up 40% - what a steal!" In other words, the cable company will divert attention away from the word broadband and what the standard is, and to the masses who don't always hear about things like this, they'll make it seem like it's the cable company's idea.
Fair enough. I didn't mean to be critical, it was just an off-the-cuff remark, like the bantering I would do with my friends. One of them is an architect and he jokes about how he would never imagine *making* a building - he designs them and lets the construction workers do the dirty stuff! Plus, most physical products say "Made in China" on the back, even though the companies that designed them might be Japanese like Sony or Nintendo, or in this case American like Apple....
Totally not the point I was making - I guess I was just being overly critical of the word choice. Still kind of funny, though. Although you forgot, "Steve Jobs would never have..."
What you just said supports my point. The title of the piece is that Apple and Samsung are tied for largest smartphone maker, but neither makes the smartphones, Foxconn makes them for both companies, so Foxconn is the largest smartphone maker. I guess "maker" could be ambiguous here, but in the context it would seem to imply "builder" more strongly than "designer".
Technically, Apple only *designs* smartphones, doesn't it? I'm not aware that Apple owns the plants, so that would mean Foxconn is the largest smartphone *maker*, wouldn't it?
Yeah, boring a hole in the competition.
Seriously, 16 megabyte iPhones are so 1992...
As far as I know, yes, it is just a marketing thing.
It was so good, Microsoft couldn't dare to release it: http://www.infoworld.com/article/2613504/microsoft-windows/microsoft-windows-microsoft-skips-too-good-windows-9-jumps-to-windows-10.html