or Connect

Posts by LighteningKid

Seriously, why did it take a decade to get the patent?
Those pictures look awesome... I wonder if they were edited entirely on the iPad. Someone should make a good pen and scribbling app for the iPad for the people who want it, and then with these sorts of programs other tablets would have nothing to lord over Apple anymore.
That would be a crazy amount of money; you've got to be kidding, dude! (I'm just joking, in case anyone missed that.) On a more related note, whatever happened to Matt Casamassina? Wasn't he supposed to fix game discovery in the store? Or did he maybe contribute to Game Centre?
Why would it be fraud to try to buy the trademark indirectly?
Just in time to also offer iPad roaming plans?
Maybe they can save most of the battery life with intelligent network switching - LTE isn't going to be available everywhere, so if it's using 3G most of the time anyway, there probably won't be much of a performance hit. Although, knowing Apple, they'll want even those few percent who live in constant access of LTE to have good battery life, so I'm sure it'll still be close to their 10 hour mark. Does anyone remember how much of a battery-life hit the iPhone had going...
I've been seeing a lot of discounts on iPod Touches, too. It makes me wonder if that is also going to be updated soon. Maybe it's going to get Siri support?
Couldn't it figure out your distance from the screen by tracking the distance between your eyes? I haven't seen Lee's video for a long time, but I think the premise was the distance between the two lights in the Wii sensor is a constant, so measuring the distance to the screen becomes possible by knowing that separation. Similarly, you could calibrate the machine once per user by having them hold the phone close enough to have their eyes fall within two circles, then track...
Right. I'm sure it'll still be hilarious when you hacktivists are in jail.
While I appreciate what you're insinuating - that of course this isn't the end of the line and the initial use of a V1 product doesn't mean the idea or intent is wrong - I can also appreciate what the reviewers of the books on iTunes are saying. Apple is the kind of company where you just expect them to show their best and prove why you want their stuff. It sounds like this time they didn't quite do it, at least not yet. They just chose poorly, and the first batch of books...