or Connect

Posts by LighteningKid

In that case, the fact of the matter is that they only have two cities to go until they have all the Canadian cities with over 1 million people. We don't even have 10 cities with over half a million. The others will come, I'm sure.   Is that true? That's kind of awesome!
Wait, is that supposed to be "Tim Cook to make a personal video - saying how he loves Samsung - in his boxers"?   Or, is it supposed to be "Tim Cook to make a personal video saying how he 'loves Samsung in his boxers'"?   I find both possibilities disturbing...
Simpleankit and hjb were mentioning that Samsung did put in a patent for the F700 in late 2006, so they may have a case that they came out with this first. Does it really even matter if they were prototypes Vs. patented retail models? If they can prove it's not a novel idea, isn't the patent invalid either way? Now, there is still the question of, did they have some idea of what the iPhone would look like ahead of time, since it must have been well into development by...
It also doesn't matter how many companies Apple has sued, whether they did it serially or in parallel or something else entirely. If Apple is convinced they did something illegal, they have a right to sue them.   Now Samsung showing that chart as proof they were thinking of this type of design before the iPhone came out seems to actually have some merit, at least to a non-lawyer. But even if there were similar phone designs before, how does that extend to implying they...
Have any developers out there tried it on older hardware? Say... a 2009 MacBook Pro? Just for example...   Is it worth installing, or are the requirements cutting it too close? Technically I think it has all the specs needed.
Am I the only one that thinks $30 per device sounds excessive? And they're only offering half of one penny back? I realize this is non-standards essential and they can basically charge whatever they want. Then again, maybe they're aiming high with the thought it will probably get bumped down a bit through this whole process anyway.
I wonder if Apple could actually use this against Google/Motorola in court. Did Google specifically mention Apple's patents as being essential? Isn't that admission that it's innovative and no one else has been able to create something like it?
Nicely done!
So if enough other companies think what you've done is good work, they should be allowed to use it? You did all the hard work to make it popular, and because you succeeded, they'll use it with no questions asked? That... doesn't seem right.
An iPad smaller than an iPod? For some reason, this makes me think of trying to use a floppy disk as an iPad, but even that would be bigger.