or Connect

Posts by LighteningKid

Thank you! I didn't think anyone was going to answer my question. It's amazing to think there could be so many carriers and hard to imagine how the market would actually work or how the smaller carriers would survive. It must make choosing a carrier very difficult. In Canada we only have three or four large companies, three or four smaller but well known companies, and a couple of very small ones, plus some regional ones. I can't imagine what it would be like to have 10 or...
Really? I'd kind of like to see the Surface, but chances are I won't be travelling to any of those few stores anytime soon. It's too bad that never caught on as a product to be used in the real world...
Are there a lot of smaller wireless carriers in the US that are accounting for that 19% of smartphone unit sales not taken up by the big four? Or do these stats only account for sales made directly through the carriers, meaning the 19% could be coming from Best Buy et al.? If it's the former, it sounds like quite a large portion.
Sounds like it's an electrical engineering simulation app.
Does someone want to clarify this for me? Are you roaming from the US or another country and testing Canada's network? Because the iPhone 4 hasn't officially been released in Canada yet.
30m? Wouldn't that be like editing photos at an IMAX? While that would let you do some serious precision work, I wonder how much effort it would take to get your mouse from one end of the screen to the other. They would also need some amazingly high resolution.
I have an iPod Touch 2G and I'm sure many of you have heard that these run much more slowly and drain battery very quickly after upgrading to iOS 4. I was hoping to downgrade back to 3.1.3 and remembered reading a post that recommended this website: http://ericfickes.com/2010/07/how-i-...-my-iphone-3g/ In short, the instructions say to restore from the old ipsw file and when iTunes gives you an error after it tries to verify the installation, run blackra1n....
I can understand that they would be upset Apple is calling them out when consumers obviously haven't had significant problems (since we didn't hear about death-grips until Apple pointed to them). At the same time, Steve Jobs did say that he didn't think it would have been such an issue because all phones do it, and if he hadn't proved it, there'd be more trouble. Nokia, especially, has almost no right to be upset since they were making fun of Apple for it. RIM did sort of...
A few of the people I work with and myself will be heading out to a bunch of small towns starting next month. For the past year, we've been meeting up once per week to discuss ideas and teach each other things we've learned. We wanted to continue that over the next year until we meet up again, so we're looking for some sort of video-conferencing tool that will support many users. There are 12 of us and we may actually have to support up to that many connections at one...
I agree, 3-5% is too small a difference to claim people are willing to pay more. Now if you found that the average amount spent per iPad was significantly higher than the average amount per iPhone/iPod, you may have a case. But again, your numbers have to be larger.Louder, stereo sounds, and a larger image of the offending buttocks (animated in HD!).