or Connect

Posts by LighteningKid

I love having people like you around here - so much history, it's awesome. You've probably been asked before, but are you still working in the industry? Do you have any current ties to Apple?   You're right, it's amazing to think how far computers have come. My iPod is four years old and the lowest model but it would destroy that Corvus computer. You can probably get watches today with more power.
Maybe you'd have more luck with a punch card.
Using MSN through Jabber on Messages might be theoretically possible, but I've never seen a reasonable way of doing it simply. Trying to find the right network to set it up on, making a new account, etc... it didn't work very well for me when I tried and after signing up for 3 different Jabber services and finding their MSN connections still wouldn't work, I gave up.
I was wondering if someone would finally mention him! I really like his presentations - like you said, he's confident and polished, but at the same time he can stay loose and doesn't just read off of a script. That whole "we're going to talk about all 3000 APIs" bit was great, especially the way he didn't just stop at mentioning it, but actually acted like he'd really do it. I found that hilarious.
Would you prefer the design and aesthetics of a PowerBook Duo? Function before form, right? Price may be another issue, though. I've never used something like this, so I don't know what's reasonable.
Thunderbolt's already been out a year, but there still seems to be barely anything for it out there. On the Future Shop website, there are a bunch of cables and 4 hard drives, starting at $450 for 120GB of solid state space. I wonder if Apple will push it harder through one of the hardware updates a lot of us hope will come around WWDC. Maybe using it for the iOS devices? But that didn't work out well for Firewire, did it?   On a side note, is Firewire still being...
  The Canadian store was also down, but there's no mention of the Nest there and someone mentioned it's only available in the US... so why were other stores down? Do all the stores go down for one update in one place?
  The fact that the serial number is invalid adds legitimacy?
  Maybe it means solipsism is true... in one's own mind, anything would become possible, right? But he can't waste all that precious time and energy in creating posts for peripheral personas, which is why we lag so far behind.
Hey, let's be reasonable and give them a chance. Maybe they had a good idea and Apple just didn't realize it'd been patented. I think someone should be allowed to patent without building something, if they at least tried to license it to someone who they thought *would* build something. That's still using your patents, and allows the small guys to invent even when they don't have resources to manufacture. Do we know for sure that SimpleAir hasn't made money in any way...