or Connect

Posts by pik80

Believe me you can make more then three desktop configurations. I think Apple was very foolish to kill off their true mid range machines like the PowerMac G4 or the Cube. They should have kept around similar configurations (with higher modern day specs of course.)
Oh yeah, I forgot to post the links that backed up my comments about the MacPro:   From MacLife: Has Apple Abandoned Mac Pro Users? http://www.maclife.com/article/features/has_apple_abandoned_mac_pro_users   MacPro Petition on Facebook with nearly 19,000 likes: http://www.facebook.com/MacProsPlease   People are astonishingly questioning my creditability so I should have added those links. Ok now I'm done.
I just wanted to finish this discussion with one last post to gain some perspective on this topic. After Steve came back to Apple the following is the product line he released up to the point that I bought my Mac in 2005. 98 - iMac G3 99 - PowerMac G3, Colorful iBook 2000 - Cube 2001 - All new laptops for both consumers and pros (white iBook, Powerbook G4) 2002 - All new iMac redesign, Xserve, Xraid 2003 - All new PowerMac redesign 2004 - All new iMac...
Or I can keep complaining until people snap to their senses and realize what a steaming pile of crap their desktop line is. But then again when you are dealing with  fan boys as delusional as you that can be a pretty tall order.   What am I going to do just throw away at least $3,000 worth of software and rebuy that $3,000 worth of software on a PC?
No, they are for temporarily plugging in devices but if you have a drive plugged in all the time then it is more like an extension to the computer. That is not what the iMac is supposed to do. It is supposed to be an all in one computer which it is not. The iMac is also not a mid range computer.   Yes I am required to buy a Mac since my Mac software that I have accumulated over the past nine years won't run on Windows or Linux obviously. This is not about what Apple...
You don't what? Have to back up your computer? I guess you don't HAVE to back it up but I think it is safe to say that most people have files that they don't want to lose therefore back up would be essential.
They are portable devices where being thin and light is a priority.   And unfortunately I made the faulty assumption that they would still have a decent desktop line when I need to upgrade my computer. Opps   You seem to be confused as to what an all in one computer is. If you have to plug in an external drive to make your set up work then it is no longer an all in one computer.   When did I say screw everyone else? You can still buy your iMac or MacPro but I don't want...
I do have an external back up. My offsite back up is my internal drive. I bring my external drive into the office every couple of weeks to back it up and then bring it back home so that if someone stole my computer or there was a fire I would still have my work.   "Or make your own machine since you feel that no machine in 2013 should have less than 2 drives." Kind of hard to do when Apple is the only one that can make Macs.   "Whatever you do please stop inventing...
So I have to buy an enormous case that has twice as many drives as I need, two processor which I don't need, two optical drives which I don't need, and more expansion ports then I know what to do with? I'll pass.   "Enlighten me, what else do I need to buy to get an iMac to run?" You need an internal back up drive. Off site storage is fine (I have this) but I need to have two back ups for my work I don't feel comfortable with only one. If something were to happen to one...
I never said the PowerMac G5 was $1,600, I just said the PowerMac was priced at that without mentioned any particular model. The G5 wasn't even that far off from that price at $1,800 but that was a good attempt at trying to make me look like I was not creditable.