or Connect

Posts by pondosinatra

Why I tend to not post on these forums anymore.... Endless 'debates' between the usual suspects as to who is more correct about (usually) something vaguely related to the news story... The comic geek from the Simpsons dutifully hammering away on the keyboard to express his indignation comes to mind....
I'm currently reading Isaacson's book, and am at the chapter where Steve founds NeXT. Two things I've taken away from the book so far: - Steve was a world class A-hole - All these Execs tended to cry a lot
Wasn't Steve actually a replicant???
Arstechnica? Maybe?It sort of makes sense. Windows phone has been a dud. Windows Zune was a dud. Windows tablets have been duds. From what I've seen based on the Beta Windows 8 is a sad attempt to create one all encompassing OS for phones, tablets, desktops (kind of like Lion). It's outright horrific. Touchscreen is not appropriate in all instances. It just isn't.I foresee (ours included) most businesses hanging on to Windows 7 (which is a great OS) even longer than...
Which is scary considering I've seen articles speculating that if Windows 8 isn't a huge success that MS will abandon the desktop OS market to focus on their server line. Then what do we do? Dust off my NeXTCube?
Of course if you have a plasma this isn't an issue....
Well gee. Apple continues the dummification of their products and so professionals look for other solutions. Who would have foreseen this happening?
If they wanted to be listed first they should have changed their name to _Apple And the largest collection of Apple stuff is in my basement...
I have a fully loaded Turbo Dimension Cube and a Turbo Color slab. Frankly I prefer the simplicity of NeXTStep to OSX sometimes. At least the interface is consistent... I also have one of only a few processor accelerators for the Turbo slab - a 50Mhz 040 I believe.
When deciding a couple years ago to sink a bunch of money into a tech stock I ended up going with IBM and have been pretty happy with that choice. Obviously I considered Apple, but the cost even then was really high and I was concerned not only by the fact that Steve WAS Apple at least in terms of perception, but also with the increased Sony-fication of Apple. IBM meanwhile continues staying out of the headlines and doing a huge amount of research and development. And...