or Connect

Posts by pondosinatra

I don't get it....on wininformant.com Paul says the Zune HD destroys the Touch and the iPhone....I'm so confused.
Maybe "PC" can mention the crashing iPods in the next "I'm a Mac" commercial
He might be referring the reported problems people had with condensation forming inside the glass screen they put on to make the display nice and glossy He could also be speculating that if they make it thinner they'll have the same problems the air and some other macbooks had with overheating - where Apple's 'fix' was a firmware upgrade that merely made the system run slower.
Huh, I guess I'll stick with my Kuro plasma instead of switching to the OLED based XBR's when they come out.
They don't need to make it thinner, they need to make it BETTER - with a non-glossy screen and a real keyboard as well. Until that happens I won't be getting a new Mac. Ever.
I shouldn't have focused on 64bit, but instead the other features such as Grand Central etc.
The point being, why upgrade to a product that will likely be updated next year with a version that takes advantage of the new SL features.
Well I installed it on my iMac yesterday - upgraded from Tiger. I have to say that despite the numerous and annoying interface inconsistencies, I kinda like it. One thing that Win7 does better though is you can visually tell an application has minimized windows because the app icon changes to show 'depth' behind it - in SL the only way to tell you have minimized icons is via Expose. I held off upgrading iLife to '09 however and will wait until likely iLife '10...
Too bad it doesn't address the half dozen different interface styles all mixed together in a hodge podge that seems to increase with each new release.
I think I have McAfee installed on one of my Color Classics running OS 7.6.1. Seriously though, try surfing the web from an old OS - I surf pr0n sites all the time on my NeXTCube