or Connect

Posts by podlasek

There could be Four things going on...   One - Apple has a history of investigating their systems on other chip platforms and architectures, recall the announcement of the switch to intel and zooming in on the campus to the rumored (for years) department that had been running on intel. This could be investigation and nothing more, or...   Two - Apple has rogue projects in order to discover leaks from new employees, this could be one of them.   Three - Apple...
5   Five   October 5th?   iPhone 5   or   1 New iPhones   2 New iPad Mini   3 New Retina Macbooks   4 New iMacs   5 New iPods   all available on October 5th???   maybe a different order?   Things that make you go hmmm....  
I love Speculation, hence Apple Insider   Has anyone looked at the hidden message in the article.   Everyone is waiting for critical mass, and everyone thinks that only Apple can drive it.  Android has had it for over a year and it isn't everywhere yet.   So Apple is looking at 'the other guys' sure they can add NFC to the new iPhone but you won't be able to use that at every retailer without a lot of dollar signs being spent to upgrade the equipment to use...
I was really disappointed in the Soldered Ram, until I realized it came with 8 GB and that the 16 upgrade was $200.   Apple at least realized the need to be 'a little' more competitive on the Ram since they were locking it away.
Umm, Living in the Charlotte Area just south of Maiden, we're fed by 3 Nuclear plants and Hydro Electric? All Duke Energy. Driving up 321 I don't see any Coal Plants (not that they are not there somewhere) but... Could Green Peace be wrong? and just picking on Duke because they own Coal plants elsewhere. Guilt by association?
Actually, there are very low energy costs in the Carolina's due to the 3 Nuclear Power Plants and many Hydroelectric Plants, running the numbers, I've never seen something less than 10 years payback even with tax incentives. The only way is to produce MUCH more than you consume, as the Power companies are Required to buy unused power. So for the naysayers talking about wasting money, this may be Apple's plan. Produce more than they use and get more revenue from...
It was $150 million publicly and an undisclosed sum privately. Also, as part of the agreement Apple dropped the Windows lawsuit that had been raging and costing millions each year.
a few comments: DRM has always been up to the content owner, while it may have had some benefits for Apple over the years, it's also costs Apple in R&D and changes/support over the years. Enterprise IT is ALWAYS more expensive than standard home or small office IT expenses. EMC, IBM, HP, Cisco, etc. etc. all want their money. I wish I could add a terabyte for what a drive off the shelf costs, that would cut IT budgets tremendously. If the big publishing houses...
Timing is irrelevant due to stock price alone, based on the buzz the market is obviously interested to a degree, especially if it works. But, why does everyone want to put this in the category of the iPhone? stating it will use the iPhone OS? Look back at the patents, and other activity, this may be a dockable device in the side of a iMac, which would push it to OSX, why did Apple pick this time to redo the underpinnings of the OS and make things more efficient and...
I understand that as Apple moves forward with new hardware not all options are available on the previous machines. BUT, Apple seems to be coming out with updates for the machines released only within the last year or so. This is contrary to the support for hardware they have stated for 3 years that they have mentioned in the past (the life of a laptop is on average 3 years, Steve Jobs statement). While most Mac owners know, the Mac hardware will run the latest...