or Connect

Posts by replicant

Great post.  Glad to see others are noticing some changes in the trend, however small they are... 
  Well that is currently the case but I doubt it will continue. I am not too concerned with the entry level Android phones but I would not disregard them either. Do you believe that moving forward there will be less high end android phones and more low end android phones? I am thinking the opposite: we will see an increase in the volume of high end android smartphones. Just look at the sales numbers from Samsung. Or just look at the current Android line up at your local...
  Let's just agree to disagree. If you think everything is looking fine for the future of iOS then good for you.   I come for the Andy Grove school of thinking that only the paranoid will survive. And in Apple's case, once they lose marketshare and the ecosystem then they will lose the platform war. And it is downhill from there.   It's funny you mention RIM because they suffered this fate and look how hard it is for them to claw their way back. 
  Who cares what happened in the last 4 years and how is that relevant to future trends? And who cares about Android in 2009? Have you seen the latest release of android? I mean, I like my iPhone as much as the next guy but let's be real here.   Developers will start to care about Android when it becomes the dominant mobile OS. And if Apple does not see this then they will become a niche player.    As long as Google's ad revenue remains intact, they will continue to...
Interesting perspective but I don't see why Apple should be content with being a niche player when they are the true innovators and creators of this space.
  Thanks for being lucid and reminding people here that Google is an advertizing company.  
  Performance is not a deciding factor. As is the case with computers, Apple is not in the race for performance on smartphones. The fit, finish and polish of Android has improved greatly and most critics agree that the latest Android version is giving apple's iOS a run for their money.  and please keep in mind that Samsung is building the chips you find in all iOS devices even the A6 chip found in the iPhone 5.
  - Nothing last forever in the tech industry. It's not feasible.  - Your stats are true for now but that will change as more users move to Android. And this number will accelerate when the best apps are developed for android first and the whole mobile apps ecosystem migrates to Android just because of the sheer volume of users.   - By "educating" I am talking about Apple as an engine that encourages a new purchasing behaviour. For example, Amazon pioneered the one-click...
  The tipping point will happen when you start seing top tier developers building on Android first and that has not happened yet and so yes, the App Store is still ahead but for how long? Do you think iOS will remain ahead when all the new apps are on Android? Do you think a developer will not choose a platform that has more users? Yes, right now people are spending more on iOS but Apple is merely educating future Android customers on how to spend on mobile device. I work...
  Right now yes but what do you think will happen when most users are on android? Developers will follow and build for that platform first. What is true today may change tomorrow and this is where the focus should be.