or Connect

Posts by replicant

That's the thing: for a search engine to improve, it needs to collect user data. More users, better results. Google has a clear advantage and it is hard to see how anyone can compete with Google Search, Google Maps, etc...
If success is viewed in terms of profits only then there is cause for concern.   What happens when Android ships on the majority of smartphones? - developers will jump ship and start developing first on Android.  - iOS will be less relevant and the ecosystem of apps will be less vibrant and interesting for buyers   Right now, the quality and selection of apps is a huge argument for purchasing an iPhone. If this goes then what is left? Design? Tight...
Eric Schmidt is right about Google winning in marketshare. He clearly has a different definition of winning and the game as Apple does and that is okay. As long as people keep using Google Search, the ad money will keep on pouring in and Google will keep on subsidising money losing ventures. Be smart and just try another search engine.
Instead of assigning a hardware engineer on resolving this "issue" why not look into: - adding a dedicated shutter button - wireless recharging - enabling nfc - etc...   Personally, too much vibration while in vibration mode is -1 on my list of priorities....
I think my comment was taken out of context... I don't think Apple should take it out on th UK people but it should assert its IP with its huge economical leverage. That is all. Anyways, I am sure Apple does not need my help on this.  
Yes obviously Ive has nothing to do with it...I was just saying that it is a shame that the UK court does not recognize the Apple IP related to the iPad which is designed by Brit.
What a retarded thing to do. Apple already lost the case so why add insult to injury?   Comparing a tablet that existed before and after the iPad is like day and night after all...everyone knows this.   This is an abuse of power and it seems out of line since it is not a black and white situation with an obvious outcome... The British legal establishment just proved how backward thinking it is to the world. Worst, Jony Ive is a Brit !   If I were Apple, I...
Good point but why is Forstall an obstacle that should be removed only now? That is my question and my point is that this situation also speaks to Cook's management abilities as well. Is Forstall easy to work with? Probably not. But is he the best person to lead iOS development? Most likely since he started it. Cook could have named Ive as the head of UI and the "arbiter of design" while keeping Forstall as head of iOS development. UI/UX design is not the same thing as...
Conflicts are present in every company. I think the bigger question here is why Tim Cook was not able to keep everyone happy and mediate between both parties as did Jobs. By taking sides and a strong position, Cook is making a big gamble. For the sake of Apple, I hope he is right. Regardless of his shortcomings, Forstall was a huge contributor and Jobs felt strongly enough to keep him around.
I never liked the multitasking bar as it is way too small. From a UX perspective, why only show one row and force the user to scroll through? Not smart. I really like the swiping on the IPAD to switch between apps and wish they would enable it on the iPhone/iPod Touch too. I would also add the settings in the multitasking bar too. Hope someone from Apple is reading this:)