or Connect

Posts by replicant

Smart move by Motorola. The mobile market is relatively young and calling this futile is ridiculous. No one can predict how the mobile landscape will look like in the next couple of years (unless you are a fan of android coming to the realization that your platform may be in jeopardy as major players defect...). Unfortunately for Google and their legion of "open source is the only truth" fans, there will be more defections. A company like Motorola (or Sony/Samsung) has...
2.3M Wow, am I the only one who thinks that prosecutors have a bigger fish to fry? i.e. Inside Job
Let the clone war begin! In any case, this is good news as Dell is going to push the price down. In terms of competition, the Blackberry Playbook poses the biggest challenge in terms of specs and UI IMHO. Also, it looks like the majority of the newcomers are opting for the 7" format which is lighter and requires only one hand. I like it. I do hope Apple revamps the UI of the iPAD. They were one of the first to implement Cover Flow and now everyone is copying them....
"Apple is holding strong" ? Looks more like Apple is losing ground. Wake up and smell the roses. Enterprise penetration is key now that they lost the consumer market share. If Apple wants the iPhone to be a niche product in the smartphone business then fine but I think they can and should do better.
Ping will not eat Facebook's lunch unless they catch up in terms of:1- adoption2- featuresThey can improve on the 1st by shipping it on every laptop, desktop, phone, ipod they sell. Remember Windows and IE? Look how fast they killed of Netscape.They can offer better features by integrating all the services together. Sign in every service or device with the same account. Imagine this scenario: you log into your mac, itunes, me.com, iPhone with the same username and that...
I was sharing my views from the perspective of a shareholder. As a shareholder, I would like to see Apple seize this opportunity to preserve their business and allow them to be able to continue making amazing products. As a fan, you are right, I really don't care much for iAds except maybe for the fact that I am a lesser fan of Google/Admob. Why should we care about ads in general? Because Adsense has allowed Google to become a dominant force in a relatively short amount...
FB is the number one app on the iPhone from what I have heard. If I were Apple, I would create my own social network app and distribute it with every machine I sell. Apple controls the production and distribution so why not take advantage of this opportunity. They could link this to me.com, iTunes and iAds... FB will have no choice but allow interoperability with this service then. Think Big Apple. We are still waiting for that game changing event you mentioned a...
Aside from professionals, why pay for image editing software anymore when you have excellent free alternatives?
It amazes me that people still believe all the rumors they read and expect the moon at every event... I think the price point is spot on. I would purchase one to replace my PS3 which I use almost exclusively to stream content from my PC to the living room TV set. Who watches a movie / TV show more than once today with all the variety in programming? Is this going to replace your cable subscription? No. Then again the this is not aimed at people who pay 50-70$ per month....
I missed the jokey comment but it follows the same line of thinking... Back to the point, this acquisition is probably good for Apple since they seem to have a good relationship with Intel. I am looking forward to seeing Apple use a bit more of its massive capital to execute on that "game changer" they referred to a while back...