or Connect

Posts by replicant

Nonsense. HP understood that to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack, they need a combination of hardware + software very much like Apple, Rim, Samsung, etc... Unlike the PC market where they bundle Windows, HP wants to retain control of the OS in their mobile phones, tablets or any other web connected device. The PC war was won by MSFT but this emerging market is still very much up for grabs. It will be interesting to follow now that a big player...
Agreed. Also, if you look at how long the iPhone has been on the market starting from the 1st generation iPhone in comparison with Android then there is reason to worry. Android is gaining momentum fast and it's just a matter of time before they outnumber the iPhone. I hope Apple starts thinking seriously about 1) having Verizon as a carrier (or multiple carriers) 2) offering more models As much as I like my iPhone, there is a lot to like in the new version of Android,...
Interesting and I should not have quoted MS as it's like comparing Apple to Oranges The point I wanted to make is that I have no clue why the Fed would investigate Apple. Contrary to MS and their very public monopolistic behavior, we have yet to hear major complaints about Apple being anti-competitive. With all the problems that stem from lack of or enforcement of regulations in the banking industry, the oil industry and so on, it seems that the feds have bigger fish to...
I am not American but I find it so funny how the federal government decides which company to investigate. Apple is getting a taste of what Microsoft experienced in the last decade when the Feds wanted to break up the company in two. It cost the company money, they lost focus and look at the state of MS today. At least back then, it was not done in a time of economic recession. Shouldn't the Feds focus their attention on something more important? Where were the...
Wow when you think one cannot go lower. It's too pathetic. I mean using apple's "1984" marketing strategy? Really ? Can't the filthy rich minds at google who are suppose to be the smartest come up with an original idea ?? What's next? A google version of apple tv? Oh wait...
The best thing HP can do is continue to use the brand PALM.
Thank you for the letter. I hope we see more communication of this type and more of Apple's PR team. There is a lot of misinformation out there and I think Apple is better served when they communicate clearly. I hope the media reads this and stops spreading lies.
Yes it did but I was referring to people leaving the organization because of the culture clash. Anyway, the point was that I think Palm is not suitable for HP, a company more focused on business customers than electronic consumers.
Wow, this is the best outcome for Apple! HP has had very little success in the mobile business and they are far from being an innovative company. They are in the commodity business. Their corporate culture will likely kill any innovation Palm has left. Get ready for a brain drain. Furthermore, a billion dollars is ludicrous especially if you look at Palm's latest financial results. RIM, although more expensive, would have been a more suitable acquisition. They own the...
Seeing that Gizmodo did not post anything related to this topic on their website, I don't think they saw this coming at all This whole thing has taken a very ugly turn. What happens if the authorities find illegal content on his computer? Was it worth it after all? Maybe this will set a precedence on how far one can go to get a scoop...