or Connect

Posts by replicant

With Nexus One, Google wanted to establish a base model for the phone manufacturers to use as a de facto design. By the look of things, Google achieved this goal and there is little benefit in spending more resources to support Verizon customers while their partners can take care of it. Google is probably very busy on the Google "iPad". Verizon or no, Google still wins with every Android phone shipped.
Well obviously Sony is not the shining example Bundling Spiderman with the PSP is a smart move but forcing a new and proprietary disc format? Content is king. Apple has a tremendous distribution platform in iTunes that seamlessly integrates with their mobile devices. At the moment, no other company can boast of this. If all the labels and the networks pull out of iTunes tomorrow, it's over. Of course this is unlikely but who knows? TV networks fear giving Apple too much...
Yeah, Apple had their own desktop chips in the PPC (with help from Motorola and IBM I think) and look were they were in terms of market share. They are in a much better position today with Intel inside.
Probably, the CEO does not see the reason for this too. This acquisition is a nonsense IMO. We are talking about Apple, not Oracle In today's market, a takeover is useful when one is looking to acquire market share or IP. In Apple's case, I don't see them looking to acquire ARM's market because they are a consumer electronics company not a chip design company. In terms of acquiring IP, they can simply license it from ARM as they do so right now at a lower...
Great ! On what grounds though? Adobe must be really desperate...
So what about Chrome OS? I was referring to Android. Google does good software for the web. There is no doubt about it. If only they focused on their core strengths instead of going after every possible market including their partners... This predatory behavior is reminiscent of Microsoft.
I think the point is that Google takes little risk and lacks balls to bring an innovative product to market FIRST. So the reference to CTRL-C is pretty fair in my opinion. There were phones before the iPhone and there were tablets before the iPad but none of them were trend setters. Google sucks because they proclaim to be good and promote open source when the truth is that their search platform is closed. And they screwed Apple
I like the sarcasm lol Maybe I got carried away there (I am a stock holder too).
Big surprise ! Google, your reputation of being innovative is wearing thin. Google Maps was the last thing that made me go "wow" and that as an acquisition and many moons ago ! Marketers could categorize you in the "me too" segment now. Of course, make sure to use your legions of open source developers to catch up and copy Apple, the true innovator. What Steve Jobs said about Microsoft could be applied to Google: "The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no...
Nice to hear that Mr. Jobs is responding on this topic but there is something wrong with this approach. I think it the best interest of Apple to have a public figure when dealing with iPhone developer issues as there has been so many of them since the beginning and developers are a passionate and vocal bunch. The CEO should not be the public figure for these matters and ultimately receive the blame by unhappy developers. How about an iPhone Evangelist? Every software...