or Connect

Posts by tiroger

Ah the wisdom of the internet... So Judge Posner has studied the law for half if not more of his life, but you people know more than he does? He's probably forgotten more than any of you will ever know in your lifetime! Posner's argument seems to be that not all patent violation carry the same weight. Apple or Motorola for that matter can't even come up with a reasonable estimation of the damage inflicted to them by the other party violating their patents. If Apple or...
This is one of the most asinine article i've ever read on this site. What does it even mean? You're cherry picking the data to show what exactly? I don't even know what conclusion to draw form this so-called study. Tech journalism has become exactly like political coverage. No one even tries to hide their biases anymore, which is slowly becoming blind fanaticism; and this is happening on both sides. Comments are out of control and inevitably degenerate into flame wars,...
"Scientific analysis finds iPhone LCD trumps Nexus One OLED" That is until the next revision of the iPhone gets an OLED screen. And then everyone will claim how Apple has revolutionized screen technology and how you shouldn't even be in the phone market if you don't offer an OLED screen! Please! Have you seen the Nexus One's screen next to the iPhone? There's just no comparison! I don't care what this scientific analysis says if my eyes tell me otherwise! It's all...
Flash has been the source of all my trouble on my macbook! Freezing, crashing, you name it! Why should we believe you now Adobe? You've been promising flash improvements for years! As much as I would love to be able to watch Hulu on my iPhone, I'd hate to have to deal with flash! As far as I'm concerned, the day flash dies, we'll be a little better for it. Bring on HTML5!
The more I read about the Droid, the more I'm starting to regret my decision to switch to AT&T for the iPhone! I Have to hand it to Verizon; after years of neglecting their phone offering, they're really coming around now and putting out a great looking lineup (on paper at least). I'm really hoping Apple has something great cooking for iPhone 4.0: 1. The UI is getting a little stale and needs a refresh. 2. Please improve the home screen, or make it somewhat useful!...
None of this makes any sense. What exactly is Apple's real motivation here? If they don't want to allow GV on the iPhone, just come out and say so. Apple's just insulting their customers' intelligence, and perhaps worse the FCC, but playing semantics. Not approving the app, rejecting the app, bottom line is that the app is unavailable to customers. Also, what about the previous third-party GV apps that were approved and then pulled from the app store? Why were they...
Talk about lowered expectations! What exactly does AT&T want, a pat on the back? Great job for doing something that should have never been an issue in the first place. Since day one, AT&T has been like a 1 ton weight on the heels of the iPhone (now compounded by Apple and it's draconian policies, but that's another issue). Sorry if I don't feel elated with improved service (slight mind you; there's still poor 3G service around midtown). Where's MMS? Where's...
I'm not sure, but I believe you agree with me. Maybe you meant to quote the person I'm quoting.
You seem the be missing the point of all the outrage. It's not about the rejection itself, it's about the inconsistencies. For example, why is it that apps like youtube and MLB baseball are allowed to stream media over 3G, but apps like SlingMedia and Qik only work over Wifi? Why was google voice rejected when there are other apps that can send free sms? Why are apps rejected under the pretext that they allow access to mature content, whereas Safari allows access to far...
This so-called "speed race" is highly reminiscent of the camera industry's battle of the mega pixels. Most people are now at broadband speeds, and thus is really makes very little difference between a web page loading in 1 seconds versus 1.5 seconds. It may serve as bragging rights for browser developers, but for the end-user it hardly matters. Why not focus start time (especially cold starts), reducing bloat, while adding interesting new features. Firefox for example is...