or Connect

Posts by Onhka

[1] I don't have the slightest such scenario. I fully believe the Watch will sell in the millions. But like all my watches, (some over $5,000), I don't wear any of them in the shower even tho most are classified as water resistant. [2] I too don't believe that a steamy shower will push the envelope. However, there is a point of continuous resistance. And putting any watch under extreme conditions routinely just can't help but speed up the deterioration of the seals or...
1) So we are in general agreement. 2) At what temperature?  I doubt that Apple will go as far as "You can wear your Watch in the shower." The issue in such a case is not just getting the Watch wet, it is the water pressure as you indicated, but even temperature that can significantly affect the resistance. As well, how can one prove that they didn't exceed the specs, and at the sales volume that has been projected what, where and how much does Apple set aside monies to...
 1) Far from 100% assurance2) Correct. However, it is Apple that will define whether or not their product was used in accordance to their guidelines. And just how many Watches will be rejected because there is no means to determine conclusively that the user did or did not do exactly as they described.
Well, according to the DeLoach article, your Rolex should will tell you how water resistant it is. As for you never taking off your Rolex, I see no evidence to date that assures me 100% that the Watch will have the same water resistance. And even if it did, I wouldn't attempt to test it as such: I have seen enough things crash and die, (even boats), when they get too wet.  
Before anyone wears a 'water resistant' or 'water proof' watch while washing their hands, taking a shower, diving in a pool of water or wearing it in the rain, or even commenting further should best read the following articles:    A couple of notes: I take my watch off every night.I never wear a watch in the shower.I never wore a watch when I was high diving, snorkelling or swimmingI wash my hands wearing a watch, but not my wrists.But then again, I respect my collection...
Right on! And for most, the best source of information is posted on Apple's web site. And not just looking at the pictures. Incidentally, the site has and does changed periodically. And I would suggest that the day the  WATCH (Apple Watch or APPLE WATCH) is officially launched, there will be quite an extensive list of things it can and will do beyond just telling us the correct timE.
 Trust you? You're a lawyer? As evidenced in virtually every public survey conducted re "Who do you trust the least?" only lawyers are challenged by politicians and journalists as the scummiest lying professionals on earth.
 AND MAN, ARE THEY SELLING  Right on… Like hell he did!
  I don't quite concur.  The only degree of relative certainty is when a company files their respective quarterly reports. Until such time, the professionals'/public's perceptions of a industry's/companies' success(es) are the analysts's reports which are determined by them scouring the trade journals or standing outside distribution centers', wholesalers'/retail stores' doors counting packages, and/or the gossip perpetrated by so-called know-it-alls/bloggers (often...
 You get it? What the hell does that mean?