or Connect

Posts by jm6032

Yes, I agree with all you said. However, I believe that most people, when confronted with the expense of the ductless unit, and it's difficulty to install, and the notion of making a permanent hole in the wall, will opt for a window, or floor, unit. This is the fundamental difficulty I had with your first post. I can appreciate the south. I live in Dallas and I have always been a bit disappointed that homes here do not accommodate the needs of modern digital equipment...
Respectfully, I think you sort of missed my point. An air conditioner is a heat exchanger. That means it moves the heat from one place to another. If you put the evaporator and the condenser in the same air space, you will end up heating up that air space because the compressor generates heat. Unless you remove the heat from the space in which the evaporator is installed, it essentially stays in that space and adds to the heat generated by the compressor. In window units...
I seriously take issue with the notion that this solves a problem better than a window unit. 1. Try putting desktop computers into a home office in a home in the south and not adding additional cooling in that space. I've done this for years and you ALWAYS need more cooling than the residential systems can provide in a bedroom sized space with desktop computers.2. When you cool a space, the heat you take from it has to go somewhere. In window units, and the portable floor...
I think the antenna issue is even deeper than that. If I recall correctly, the FCC approved design of the phone system includes the size of the antenna. That is, the power output of the transmitter and the size of the antenna are considered together in approving the design for production and use. Further, I believe FCC regulations prohibit adding after market antennas.
Actually, I have seen a few. Remember, they look a lot like iPhones, so you kinda have to look close. But, I've seen far more iPhones than Galaxy phones...
I don't know if this carried over to the Mac, but if I remember correctly, in the Apple II the clocking of data onto the magnetic media was controlled by the CPU itself, thus if you changed the clock frequency that would change the size of the bits on the magnetic media. Any one Mac should have been able to read it's own floppy, but I don't know if you could take that floppy to another Mac.
If I remember correctly, the root cause of the demise of the Amiga was that it used a non IBM PC hardware architecture. The problem was that the rest of the IBM PC industry continued using the standard architecture and wrote graphic software that communicated with the graphics hardware directly. Thus, one could buy any IBM PC compatible machine and run (play) software on it from numerous vendors. (That is, bypass the DOS graphics API by talking directly to the video...
Thank you. I don't have any references to point to, but it appears that the software driving the virtual keyboard has taken two steps backwards. The number of errors I make on the keyboard seems much greater now. I find the placement of the backspace key next to the M key to be the single biggest problem with the keyboard. The second biggest is that it is now virtually impossible for me to touch the "123" key without adding a space character. All in all, I'm finding the...
I disagree a bit with the notion Samsung did not know. I mean, "Build me 1000 samples of this" is way different than, "Build me 10,000,000" of these...
Good morning. If I may, I would like to offer some of my personal experiences regarding some of the issues you raise: 1. Carrier Locking: My personal experience is that after the 24 month commitment on AT&T, they will unlock your phone on request. Specifically for iPhones, AT&T has a form on their site to request the unlock. Go to their site and do a search for it. 2. Using an unlocked phone on the AT&T GSM Network: My experience is that a person can bring any unlocked GSM...