or Connect

Posts by jm6032

Thanks, John.B. This is typical of what I receive. I would have included a pic in my post, but I always delete them.
I received them. They come fairly seldom--like every two months or so. None lately. The ones I received were trying to sell me Ray-Ban sunglasses. I can't tell you if they came to my phone number or an email.
There was a time before GPS... This type of navigation, using accelerometers, is called Inertial Navigation System (INS). It's been in use on aircraft for decades. Using it on modern hand held devices is cool. Should have seen this coming.
Thanks for writing. You may have missed my point. Allow me to respond: 1. If battery technology has progressed that much in 7 years, then a phone should last at least a month between charges.2. The attitude toward paying customers has not changed. Samsung still ships spare batteries and makes their phones so that you must carry a spare charged battery to make it through the day. My observation, from my own use, and reading the posts here, is that a fully charged iPhone...
Fascinating. I once had a Samsung Blackjack. Unlike any phone I ever had before, I found TWO batteries inside the box. Wow! a spare battery. How thoughtful. Within two days I found out why the box had two batteries and I created these rules for myself and my Blackjack:   1. Don't EVER leave the house without a fully charged spare battery. 2. Don't EVER leave the house without the wall charger so you can use it to charge up the first battery after replacing it at lunch...
Yes, I agree with all you said. However, I believe that most people, when confronted with the expense of the ductless unit, and it's difficulty to install, and the notion of making a permanent hole in the wall, will opt for a window, or floor, unit. This is the fundamental difficulty I had with your first post. I can appreciate the south. I live in Dallas and I have always been a bit disappointed that homes here do not accommodate the needs of modern digital equipment...
Respectfully, I think you sort of missed my point. An air conditioner is a heat exchanger. That means it moves the heat from one place to another. If you put the evaporator and the condenser in the same air space, you will end up heating up that air space because the compressor generates heat. Unless you remove the heat from the space in which the evaporator is installed, it essentially stays in that space and adds to the heat generated by the compressor. In window units...
I seriously take issue with the notion that this solves a problem better than a window unit. 1. Try putting desktop computers into a home office in a home in the south and not adding additional cooling in that space. I've done this for years and you ALWAYS need more cooling than the residential systems can provide in a bedroom sized space with desktop computers.2. When you cool a space, the heat you take from it has to go somewhere. In window units, and the portable floor...
I think the antenna issue is even deeper than that. If I recall correctly, the FCC approved design of the phone system includes the size of the antenna. That is, the power output of the transmitter and the size of the antenna are considered together in approving the design for production and use. Further, I believe FCC regulations prohibit adding after market antennas.
Actually, I have seen a few. Remember, they look a lot like iPhones, so you kinda have to look close. But, I've seen far more iPhones than Galaxy phones...