or Connect

Posts by jm6032

Not likely. If we're discussing wired power, keep in mind that in the USA we use 110V/60Hz power in our homes. The real problem here is the 60Hz frequency. The frequency of the voltage affects the size of transformers. Converting to 50Hz (Europe) would require changing a lot about the amount of current all our transformers could handle. Conversely, in Europe the wiring is designed for 220V at 50Hz. This means all the wires there are smaller guage because to get the same...
I agree. I believe the the notion that the Apple Watch is a "watch" is a smoke screen. This is a wrist worn computer. I don't know how it will evolve, but it will gain functionality and a round screen on a computer loses too much real-estate that coult be used for the UI.
Wouldn't it be interesting if Apple completely changed the naming scheme for iPhones? Say, something like the Apple Phone Sport, Apple Phone, etc. What on earth would Samsung do then for phone names?
The thought that came to my mind is final assembly. The bodies may be assembled in heavy factories elsewhere and transported to a smaller facility, such as this, for installation of the electronics and controls. Also, a very large number of the customers may be in California. Thus, the cars would end up being shipped there anyway. Just thinking...
I think you're missing something. The mobile market may be 40 years old, but the smartphone market is really only slightly older than the first iPhone.  Do you remember the WAP browser? Quite frankly, in my opinion, the iPhone picked the low hanging fruit, it addressed the elephant in the room. This was no secret or surprise. Everyone of us that had a smartphone, in the brief time before the iPhone, cursed mightily at the access to the Internet these phones provided. Why...
Well, that went well. Fumble fingered the reply button before I typed anything. Apparently fumble brain leakage.Excellent idea. Thanks. I am very pleased by the way the Griffin handles the cable. The Mophie has a channel for the cable, but it does not seem to be as robust as I expected in keeping the cable captured. Also, from time to time the charging head stays attached to the watch as I pull it off the stand. Not show stoppers by any means, but unexpected.
Unless I am mistaken, the Griffin stand will not accommodate the Milanese Loop band unless you remove the band from the watch. The Milanese Loop band is, well, a loop. It does not separate. From the pictures it appears a loop band will not allow a metallic loop band watch to properly engage the charging head. I am more than willing to be corrected on this. I formed this observation strictly from the pictures in the post.
It looks to me, from the pictures, that the Griffin stand will not accommodate the Milanese loop watch band. I have the Mophie stand and it does. The cable management on the Griffin one does look interesting.
Of course, we are all entitled to our own opinions. If I may offer my experiences as a counterpoint: I have had my Apple Watch since May 6. I have found that my iPhone 5S spends much more time in my pocket. I handle and respond to, what feels like, 50% of texts using the watch. The Siri feature works excellent to send or respond to texts, and the suggested responses often are quite sufficient. Another feature that gets more use than I expected is the "Speaker Watch". I'm...