or Connect

Posts by jm6032

I have seen many discussions about Apple advertising. Here's why I think she is a valid choice: Apple ads are inspirational. All the others are informational. Think about the Apple ads. Do you do any of the activities shown in those ads? Do any of the "rest of us" do those things? Climb mountains, compose symphonies, record bands or play in a band? Not many, but we can dream about it. We can hold our Apple whatever and imagine using it do make our verse. All the other ads...
Ok, I'll join the Datsun/Fairlady subthread: I once had a 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster. This model was discontinued so the production line could be converted to build the Datsun 240Z. Yes, I remember that the roadster was previously a Fairlady. Mine had an inline 6 cylinder engine with two sidedraft carburators. It was a fun car. Oh, and it had a Borg transmission. Resistance is futile.
Nothing but mirrors? When I first read the headline and wondered what they could possibly sell, I remembered that for Google, the product is you...
I once asked a professional photographer friend, "What's the best camera you have?" Her answer was, "The one that's with me."
I totally disagree. Until a portable device has active cooling systems and power supplies capable of hundreds of watts (or however many are needed in the future), 20+ inch displays, keyboards and everything else a desktop uses now, the day of the desktop will not end.
I'm not much of a gamer, but, I can see a continuation of desktop gaming. The primary reason, to me, is that desktop gaming allows for larger screens and seriously loud sounds. I believe many gamers enjoy the expansive visuals on large screens and the thundering vibrations of a good sub-woofer. Now, if someone builds a cool "Game Dock" for mobile devices...
I agree. If we take Mr. Chen's metaphor a bit further: Yes, the carriers are a bit like the railways of the past and have the tracks. But, Mr. Chen seems to lack a fundamental understanding that on these tracks are railcars. These are standard railcars. What goes into these railcars is strictly the business of the shipper and the receiver and not Mr. Chen or anyone else.
I have owned MS Sync in a Ford product since 2009. There are no words in any language to describe what a convoluted, unusable, and downright dangerous piece of software I consider it to be.   Quick example: It has a weathermap feature. If you drive for a while, your position becomes off-center (who thought that up?). If you stop you can repostion the center of the map by touching the map at the spot you want centered--one touch. If, on the other hand, you are in motion,...
I do hope that was sarcasm. I live in Dallas and there at least five BOSE stores and outlets near me. 
I went to the Apple Store on Saturday. The iPhone 6Plus fits in my shirt pocket. I will be getting the 6Plus. My iPhone spends almost all it's time on a desktop or other flat surface and only goes in my pocket when going somewhere. So, the 6Plus will work out fine. Like numerous other posters, I take a lot of pictures and the image stabilization is important.