or Connect

Posts by jm6032

I think it's more fundamental than that. When Apple first introduced the iPhone something phenomenal and new happened: The phone manufacturer became disconnected from the wireless provider--That is, you could go to someone other than the wireless provider and get a phone that worked on that network. That was simply unheard of before that (yes, some shops existed that sold unlocked GSM phones, but virtually no wireless customer was conscious of that). This was the crack in...
Well, I always like these gross estimates. Do we really believe that a customer won't eventually buy what he/she came to buy? Sure, some are spur of the moment, but if you want a new iMac, will you really just go across the street and buy a Windows PC because the cash register was broken? Geez.
Just as a point of reference: I ordered an unlocked T-Mobile, Gold iPhone 5S, 64GB, on October 30. The estimated delivery time was Nov. 22 to Nov. 29. It arrived today--about two weeks earlier than originally scheduled.   I have heard the the Gold, 64GB, unlocked T-Mobile phones were among the shortest in supply. 
Awwww. You've been using Ford/Microsoft Sync...
Lenovo's smartphone strategy is so heavily influenced by the iPhone that the company plans to continue targeting markets where Apple's smartphone is viewed by consumers as too expensive, its CEO revealed.   It seems to me that would be everywhere there are people buying mobile phones... Good luck with that.
Thanks. You are right and I apologize for leaving that part out. I have investigated the rate plans with T-Mobile and they have some very competitive rates for their service. And, remember that now they have international data at no cost in many places. Sorry if I sound like a T-Mobile commercial, but my wife and I are considering taking three iPhones to T-Mobile because of the rate plans and international data.
I tend to disagree with your conclusion. The idea of "unsubsidized" phones on T-Mobile is mostly semantics. T-Mobile simply unbundled the phone cost and the service cost. You can still walk into a T-Mobile store and make a modest down payment on a phone and they will give you a loan for the balance. All the other carriers just didn't call it a loan. I haven't personally run the numbers but it would seem that over the long run this will cost you less than a similar plan...
It seems to me that being first into a market that Apple enters later is often a less than optimum decision. If I recall correctly, Apple did not make the first laptop or portable computer, Apple did not make the first portable music player, Apple did not make the first smart phone, nor did they make the first tablet. And, they did not make the first smart watch...
Perhaps we should re-consider what exactly is a "Reality Distortion Field," who is creating them, and who is currently living in them...
After watching the ad the thought entered my mind that the competition doesn't even know they've been clobbered, much less how it happened. I was truly struck with how much Apple's competition doesn't get that this is about communication, not about chipsets, operating systems, megahertz, megabytes, and pixel depth.