or Connect

Posts by jm6032

Actually, I have seen a few. Remember, they look a lot like iPhones, so you kinda have to look close. But, I've seen far more iPhones than Galaxy phones...
I don't know if this carried over to the Mac, but if I remember correctly, in the Apple II the clocking of data onto the magnetic media was controlled by the CPU itself, thus if you changed the clock frequency that would change the size of the bits on the magnetic media. Any one Mac should have been able to read it's own floppy, but I don't know if you could take that floppy to another Mac.
If I remember correctly, the root cause of the demise of the Amiga was that it used a non IBM PC hardware architecture. The problem was that the rest of the IBM PC industry continued using the standard architecture and wrote graphic software that communicated with the graphics hardware directly. Thus, one could buy any IBM PC compatible machine and run (play) software on it from numerous vendors. (That is, bypass the DOS graphics API by talking directly to the video...
Thank you. I don't have any references to point to, but it appears that the software driving the virtual keyboard has taken two steps backwards. The number of errors I make on the keyboard seems much greater now. I find the placement of the backspace key next to the M key to be the single biggest problem with the keyboard. The second biggest is that it is now virtually impossible for me to touch the "123" key without adding a space character. All in all, I'm finding the...
I disagree a bit with the notion Samsung did not know. I mean, "Build me 1000 samples of this" is way different than, "Build me 10,000,000" of these...
Good morning. If I may, I would like to offer some of my personal experiences regarding some of the issues you raise: 1. Carrier Locking: My personal experience is that after the 24 month commitment on AT&T, they will unlock your phone on request. Specifically for iPhones, AT&T has a form on their site to request the unlock. Go to their site and do a search for it. 2. Using an unlocked phone on the AT&T GSM Network: My experience is that a person can bring any unlocked GSM...
I don't see this happening. If you have an iPhone, you already paid the full price for it. It was part of the monthly bill. The carrier effectively "loaned" you the money to buy the phone. Nothing has fundamentally changed in the "new" model except the carriers are now explicitly telling you that you're getting a loan. As for lower income customers being locked out: I don't see that either. If a person walks into a carrier store they can still walk out with a new iPhone...
Ok, I don't know how good it is in Austin, but here's something we tried in Dallas: 1. Get one of your out of contract iPhones unlocked by AT&T (go to their website and start with this link: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/?)2. Go to T-Mobile and get a month-to-month SIM. They have a name for the plan, but I forget it. It's either $30 or $50 a month for a nice iPhone type plan.3. Put the SIM in your phone and go check the coverage. Regarding unlocking an...
I think it's more fundamental than that. When Apple first introduced the iPhone something phenomenal and new happened: The phone manufacturer became disconnected from the wireless provider--That is, you could go to someone other than the wireless provider and get a phone that worked on that network. That was simply unheard of before that (yes, some shops existed that sold unlocked GSM phones, but virtually no wireless customer was conscious of that). This was the crack in...
Well, I always like these gross estimates. Do we really believe that a customer won't eventually buy what he/she came to buy? Sure, some are spur of the moment, but if you want a new iMac, will you really just go across the street and buy a Windows PC because the cash register was broken? Geez.