or Connect

Posts by jm6032

With the usual disclaimers about not being a lawyer, I have to disagree with your assertion that this is BS. While I'm not a large business, my personal experience, and in speaking with my lawyer, and other lawyers, is that judges routinely require that some form of mediation be attempted before going to trial or hearing. My experience is further that this is a good idea. A courtroom does not provide a way for the parties to actually talk about the problems. A courtroom...
Let's also remember that you can see Alaska from Russia. I'm not going to comment on whether I like or dislike Ms. Palin, but I have been to Alaska and we in the lower 48 are not really well informed on the Russian influence and culture there. Likewise, a person who grew up in Alaska may not realize the dearth of knowledge we lower 48 types possess regarding where the people there came from. During my trip I saw many structures (mostly churches) that had clear Russian...
Yes, but the new higher resolution of the retina display allows for the inclusion of the new setting, "12,'" in the same space that Apple's competitors can still only go to "10!"
Thank you. I don't know what Apple will introduce, but I can testify that I use the optical drive enough that I would pause before buying a laptop without one. We do enough audio and video recording and editing in the field followed by handing out DVD's or CD's that "no optical drive" would be a problem. I do not want anymore external thingies to wrangle in my gigbag. As for disk space, I feel very strongly that the current SSD's do not offer enough space for me to feel...
Interesting observation. May I present another? Why do we all think Apple is worried about market share? I think we're all being distracted by the Apple vs. The World for market share paradigm. I think Apple's real product is being presented through all its various products. The fundamental thing Apple sells is "User Experience." Other than the Mac vs. PC ads, has Apple ever targeted a competitor? Apple's ads seem to overwhelmingly show a positive, User Experience spin....
They appear to be centered under the space bar. I have two laptops in front of me at the moment. One has a numeric keypad that moves the whole keyboard to the left and the trackpad is under the space bar. On the other, the right side has the navigation keys. Again, the keyboard, space bar, and trackpad are off to the left a bit. Another commented on people walking around with laptops open and horizontal: That happens here as well. The answer I got when I asked is that...
Ah, you have discovered the secret sauce. As long as the pro's were using the product, you could tinker and dream. Now all you can do is tinker. Do you need new software for that? Why spend money on FCPX and get something that makes you no better than your neighbor? Before this, you could dream. You could imagine making something even your neighbor would ooh and aah over. Now, bleh, anyone can edit as well as you. Yes, Apple will sell lots of copies of FCPX. But, no longer...
I believe you're missing the point. Example: In my living room I have a TV, a Stereo, a Blu-Ray player, a cable box, and probably something else I can't remember. They all have remotes. They cover the top of the coffee table and my wife wants to stand me up against the wall and throw them at me. In the master bedroom there is a TV and an Apple TV. There are two remotes. If the volume controls were on the Apple Remote, there would be only one remote with a grand total of...
She had an iPad and didn't like it. Gave it to my son. I think the iPad was a little too much for her to handle in her lap. With the iPhone she can get fingers from each hand on it. With the iPad, one hand was always rendered useless because it was holding the iPad. Just conjecture, but the point is she had an iPad and now has an iPhone. She uses the iPhone regularly and gave away the iPad.
Personal experience: I'm over 60. Started using "Smartphone" features with a Nokia 6682. Love my iPhone and iPad. Now here's something interesting and was not expecting. My mom is 88. Way retired. She spends a lot of time in front of the TV and some time in front of her iMac. She got an iPhone4. Now, she has noticed that she spends less time with the iMac. She just spends more time on her chair in front of the TV and she uses the iPhone for a lot of things now. It's...