or Connect

Posts by jm6032

Build 12E55. Downloaded and installed no problem. 15:15 CDT.
If I may carry this a bit further, I recall Apple having an aversion to cables. I would expect everything to be in the tv set: Apple TV, tuner/cable, a good sized audio amp including an AV type device, multiple HMDI connections, wifi, and good front speakers (I just don't see a separate sound bar as part of the deal. Put that functionality in the TV and reduce the number of boxes). Couple that with a single UI remote.   You buy one box, it has two things: TV and Remote....
Rumpy, I stood in line for the 3GS. But, really, I went to the Shops at Willow Bend. Inside. Airconditioned. No rain. Five hours. Bunch of nice folks. Would I do it again? Not really.
HI, SpamSandwich. You're quote seems to deal more with how rather than why.   I can't quote a reference, I'm just going from memory, but my recollection of why corporations exist was to preserve the business after the founder died. Before corporations, the founder owned the company and everything about it. When this person died, his associates (if any) and especially his family, stood to lose everything. But, with the invention of corporations, the business could...
With the usual disclaimers about not being a lawyer, I have to disagree with your assertion that this is BS. While I'm not a large business, my personal experience, and in speaking with my lawyer, and other lawyers, is that judges routinely require that some form of mediation be attempted before going to trial or hearing. My experience is further that this is a good idea. A courtroom does not provide a way for the parties to actually talk about the problems. A courtroom...
Let's also remember that you can see Alaska from Russia. I'm not going to comment on whether I like or dislike Ms. Palin, but I have been to Alaska and we in the lower 48 are not really well informed on the Russian influence and culture there. Likewise, a person who grew up in Alaska may not realize the dearth of knowledge we lower 48 types possess regarding where the people there came from. During my trip I saw many structures (mostly churches) that had clear Russian...
Yes, but the new higher resolution of the retina display allows for the inclusion of the new setting, "12,'" in the same space that Apple's competitors can still only go to "10!"
Thank you. I don't know what Apple will introduce, but I can testify that I use the optical drive enough that I would pause before buying a laptop without one. We do enough audio and video recording and editing in the field followed by handing out DVD's or CD's that "no optical drive" would be a problem. I do not want anymore external thingies to wrangle in my gigbag. As for disk space, I feel very strongly that the current SSD's do not offer enough space for me to feel...
Interesting observation. May I present another? Why do we all think Apple is worried about market share? I think we're all being distracted by the Apple vs. The World for market share paradigm. I think Apple's real product is being presented through all its various products. The fundamental thing Apple sells is "User Experience." Other than the Mac vs. PC ads, has Apple ever targeted a competitor? Apple's ads seem to overwhelmingly show a positive, User Experience spin....
They appear to be centered under the space bar. I have two laptops in front of me at the moment. One has a numeric keypad that moves the whole keyboard to the left and the trackpad is under the space bar. On the other, the right side has the navigation keys. Again, the keyboard, space bar, and trackpad are off to the left a bit. Another commented on people walking around with laptops open and horizontal: That happens here as well. The answer I got when I asked is that...