or Connect

Posts by aelegg

Thanks all who let a "Photos" sub-thread slip into this O/S thread, and provided some great advice.  The best part was learning that iPhoto -> Photos isn't immediately mandatory. I'll study what all have said and I appreciate the effort to respond.
This post is mostly off-topic (O/S upgrades), but I'm still too terrified to update my Yosemete which will replace my iPhoto with Photos.   I understand that my entire library (35,000 pix) will get dumped into a single album and just be there; hard to interact with, etc. etc.   Does anyone have a brown paper bag I can breathe into and calm down? I know Photos is supposed to unify the Events/Albums into a single iOS-style construct, but I'm an iPhoto-Event...
Someone posted Honda's CarPlay would be available on the Accord's "highest trim levels", which I both understand and don't-understand.   When heated seats were invented, it was probably luxury cars only, highest trim levels.   Now they're in my Subaru.  So I get it that things start out premium, and then trickle down.   The other side has merit to me though. Honda Odyssey minivan recently invented/offered an on-board vaccuum.  Great for families with kids. ...
 What a fantastic point this is. When they make the first working brain-implant, the haters will say, "But aren't they a phone company?"Love the J. Mozz.
 I'm trying to be objective about this, but it's really hard.On the one hand, we don't object (generally), to a judge-approved warrant to tap a telephone, or a stake-out where zoom lens cameras are used to watch crimes inside private cars, or through windows (of private buildings). From THAT point of view, I can see the capability the gov't is asking for, to cover the case where they DO have a legit warrant, and the person with the tech STILL says No.  They want the...
 Yeah we've been super-foolish hanging onto 4S's this long. We almost went with 6 but delayed too long (lazy) and now it's too close to September.
 Point taken.  It's not great.  iOS6 was my last "favorite".  That O/S was like liquid.  So fluid and perfect it was like there WAS no O/S. With 7 began the occasional stuttering and "O/S-ness" that Apple usually tries to avoid. Right now some iPhone pics won't make it over to the iMac at home over Wi-Fi.  What's up with that?  Before and after yes.  And I don't know a way to "MAKE" them go over either.  If I must have them, I have to e-mail them to myself.
I respect the idea behind this post, but remember that Apple is already very generous here. My iPhone 4S runs iOS8, and may run iOS9, even if not all capabilities are there.How many any-other-smartphones as old as the 4S run the newest O/S release from their makers?  Probably very small %age. We have an Aluminum Macbook bought in early 2009, that upgraded to Yosemete! I was pleasantly surprised when it was able to run Mavericks!  It's an Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz with "maxxed"...
This is completely off topic, and a little absurd.   Leaving aside all logic, imagine a Gold digital crown could be ordered installed on an Aluminum or Stainless Steel model.   One would have a little touch of bling, but not $10,000 worth.   Nahhh.  Bad idea I guess.   It just popped into my head while looking at the watch picture in this article.   "What if someone just wanted a gold crown......"
 I feel this way too, that "we do it to ourselves". Flying commercial aviation is a pretty lousy experience as you all know.  Ever more-cramped seats, fees for everything, etc etc. Yet "we", and myself included, buy plane tickets based on a $2 difference in price. Where were the consumers (or myself) who said, "I use airline-X.  It's $75 more, but they treat you like human beings and that matters". Nope.  I helped create the problem by telling the airlines that lowest...