or Connect

Posts by aelegg

I'm having repeatable iMac-bricking with 10.10.1.  I think it's my HD. Quote: I really appreciate all this great advice.  If you're talking about clients, then you just gave me $-advice, and I'm grateful. No FW800 at home, and I was going to ask why all the fuss before just fresh-clean-installing Yosemete directly from recovery-mode, but  I understand now that you're saying if the internal is on the fritz, the FW800 based one can be used multiple times (after a new HD...
I'm having repeatable iMac-bricking with 10.10.1.  I think it's my HD.   Apologies in advance I know this isn't a tech-support forum, but just for chatting purposes:         [  Our late-2008 MacBook loaded 10.10.1 fine btw. ]   One of the earliest 27" iMac's from Nov-2009:  2TB HD.  Loaded 10.10 fine.   After the 10.10.1 restart, and partway through the grey-screen-apple-logo with progress bar, it just STOPS.   No obvious HD sounds.  Just empty grey screen with...
 My 3 year old 4S has spent countless hours in the back pockets of jeans and khaki's, as my wallet has.  Each moves to the outside and there's never a problem with either. Actually the hard-edges of the phone and rubbing on seats actually wears the PANTs out, not the phone.  I learned that through a generation of pants that were kind-of ruined, and now I try front pocket, and just slide to the side.Wow.  A whole post about Pants.   What is this the Lego-Movie? Oops.
 Don't forget the kickstand.  The watch that can replace your Laptop.
There's a dairy farm near my house that has a white plastic iPad stand with CC-swiper (like an iMac stand, with a real iPad as the "screen"), as their POS system.  The last time we were there it was an all-cash operation, now they have the simple and effective way to sell. Really good question by afalkner.  ApplePay for some Milk that's only hours-old, with the moo-ing in the background.I love what Apple does for society.  1-song instead of 1-album, (.....a whole bunch of...
 I prefer when Paper Money goes from someone else's hand INTO my hand.If I get enough of it, I'll get the Watch.  Oops.  Topic-contamination.
The executive decisions are the same as they've always been, "What's best for the CUSTOMER", not the conglomerate or business partner. Do you like buying 1 song instead of buying a whole album?  Where'd that come from? Apple re-makes ENTIRE INDUSTRIES in the CUSTOMERs benefit. Even personal opinions should be made in context.
 I almost spit out some coffee laughing while reading this.  Just let that image sink in:  Sleek iPhone 6,.....with a big honkin' 3.5" drive glued on.I remember the first digital camera I ever used (borrowed).  It had a 3.5" floppy drive for storage, and I thought it was AWESOME because it had "unlimited storage".  I think I used it to take pix of my new 2001 vehicle, so that was the time-frame. 5-to-10 seconds between taking each little 640x480 JPG, and so happy to have...
 The truth of this made me all itchy just reading it. I need some i-Benadryl.
 Huge Apple fan, but I worry about this too.  We have two 4Ss.  I was very disappointed with iOS7 since on iOS4, 5, and 6, the interface disappeared as Jony always said Apple products do.  Flawless, liquid, and invisible.But with iOS7 I became aware due to the OS-stutters and apps crashes.   Isn't that what we laugh at with Android?Now it's not getting some inputs, and is generally "haunted". iOS8 makes this bad behavior better, or worse?  It's sad to have to ask that...