or Connect

Posts by aelegg

No worries at all about this.  After a short while in SpaceShip Campus, Tim Cook and the senior leadership team will evolve into Pure Energy. They won't need space then.
 With respect since we all know this:  "...there may have been a better chance of a better/longer outcome...." Not trying to throw my comment in your face, but Cancer is relentless, and earlier detection, advanced treatments, greatly increase your "chances".
 The new SpaceShip campus must be the exit from the Tunnel from Area 51 so the ship can take off without anyone noticing. Thus the 6000 trees on campus.
It's all they have left without understanding two phrases:   Overall User Experience Total Lifetime Cost of Ownership.
These watches are go great.  I was really wrong in thinking the Milanese Loop would be the most expensive (non-gold) one.  It looks so elegant with the "moving parts" etc etc.  I see now it's an extruded woven wire essentially.  There are likely many many less processing steps than the links, but anyway.    Funny:  Picture this made-up heart-attack scenario (that would never happen): Imagine the ease and convenience of buying a $0.99 App in the App-Store, while signed...
A cheap supercar is a 7th-gen Chevrolet Corvette Z06 with the Z07 track package:  About $100,000, supercar performance. The 650hp and 650lb-ft of Torque is a performance bargain.   A supercar is a Ferarri or Lambo:  $250,000 to $400,000 ish (think 458 Speciale for Ferarri, or Aventador for Lambo).   Christian von Keonigsegg calls his cars "HyperCars" in his videos:  Think Pagani & Koenigsegg.  $Millions.   I've been a car fan for a long time (while driving a pickup,...
Watch bands today are held on by those spring loaded posts.  No different than toilet paper.  TOILET PAPER. I still remember seeing the AppleWatch bands go on and off during the keynote.  Subtle, genius, game-changing, Apple. I remember looking up and, while imagining all the watch makers throughout history before me, thinking: "You guys had CENTURIES to think of this!" I cant wait, but I'm already getting spooked by the potential stainless price. Plus, I fear the real...
 You make a decent point, but it's based on "today-thinking".   In the late 1800s there would have been plenty of predictions about how poorly a loud, smelly, maintenance-needing, fuel-needing, hard to operate, "horseless carriage", would sell. I think the Apple Watch is part of a technological trend (unlike all other watches/smartwatches) that can't be stopped. Apple talked about how personal the device is, and how it's part of a natural progression: 1 Mainframe2 Personal...
 I understand.  I was thinking of cheap, everyday watches, like my Wenger swiss army watch, that couldn't have been more than $300. -> Edit:  Oops.  Looks like $150. <- Edit. Kind-of-nice-looking if you don't know what nice watches are.  I'm not sure what the category is called ("cheap?"). My overall point remains that the apple-watch isn't a watch or smartwatch at all, but a personal-assistant/communicator; something that nothing in today's market competes with, and as...
 Just a general observation that I have not only read broadly, but seen myself.  I can't think of too many people here in the office, under the age of 30, that have wrist-watches. Older managers and executives, from early generations, you see more wrist-watches. I think the apple watch is so much more, that it will not suffer from the above trend.