or Connect

Posts by aelegg

I left my iPhone 4S outside on the table on our Deck (the phone was my grill-timer).  Left it overnight and it rained. Water was threatening entry into the headphone jack (couldn't tell). A drop was covering the home button and surrounding area (finger-oil and tight tolerances I think kept it out). The camera lens was fogged up on the inside. I was resigned to no more pictures, and accepted my own blame. By midday the camera lens un-fogged itself and it's been fine ever...
I agree with everything you're saying here.  Instead of "forcing" Apple to do something, it might be more accurate to say, "If Samsung gets this to work, it might add to the body of knowledge on Mobile Security, which is good for everyone." F Samsung by the way.
I know this isn't a support forum, so please ignore if it shouldn't be here, but my Contacts keep disappearing from my 4S using iOS7.  All disappear except 3 or 4 (perhaps ones MADE on the phone itself?). I don't need contacts every minute so it's minor annoyance, so I let it drag on sometimes.    Sometimes they re-appear on their own (WiFi Sync from iCloud while at home, perhaps involving iMac, I think). Sometimes I dig deep into my phone's Settings "looking" for...
The part that burns me the most is the phone icon. Same color, same handset, same angle. Couldn't they have AT LEAST used a little circle with holes for an skeuomorphic dialer, or a old-style phone shape, or even a tiny "phone" shape with a little antenna sticking out of the top right (like a candy-bar phone?).   Or even a different color for it?   Or even a different location?   That green phone icon in the same spot is what makes it totally shameless.   One...
It's small enough to easily fit down any Chimney.   Here's hoping Santa accidently drops one down ours! Merry Christmas all.
I suppose this is sort of a reply to the "iSheep buy iCrap" comment, but it's a meaningful summary of the apple experience. We bought the $99 airport express last night.  Our old-timer Linksys WRT54G (missing a letter in there I think), has just about had it.   The little airport express is in a tiny box of course, with a great little cardboard thing providing a little "Voila!" experience (remember W. Mossberg saying that Steve showed him early-release products...
This all comes down to trust.   An article came out about Nordstroms watching people's wireless-IDs as they walked through the store, JUST to see where people clustered, what displays attracted attention, which ones were ignored, etc.  [What used to be a paid position by real people btw].   Didn't like it.   Apple does somewhat-similar stuff. Like it. Trust.
I think people have Diversity backwards. If Apple released: 8 songs for Christmas, or 8 songs for Hannukah, or 8 songs for a Muslim Holiday, or 8 songs for New Years, or 8 songs for Summer, or 8 songs to celebrate Hungarian Beef Stew, my reaction would all be the same, "That's Nice". If a town with lots of Christians puts up a Christian Kresh, "That's Nice". If a town with lots of Jews puts up a Star of David and a Mennorah, "That's Nice." I don't understand all the...
 I'm 43 and when I was young my Dad had an IBM-Select(something, tract?) II typewriter.  It may have been $700 or something.  Built like a tank, and awesome for what it was. This week I went to my local town hall to remove a vehicle that I sold from the tax rolls, and saw one on a file cabinet in the corner.  Some offices kept that last one around for that final form with the carbon copies that needed the Impact that a typewriter gave. No longer.  Just sitting there. ...
 MMMmmmmmm, Animaaaal Styyyylllle.