or Connect

Posts by aelegg

OK I'll take the bait:You're wrong for the following reason:  There are MILLIONS:  MMIILLIIOONNSS, of people, that load almost no apps, and only use the phone for basic purposes. My mother-in-law LOVEs her iPhone 5, and didn't know to connect to her own home WiFi, and was approaching her monthly 2GB limit.  I attached to her home WiFi and now she's good.She's also never loaded an app, and all her apps, are actually Icons of webpages that she likes (*I* didn't even know...
I'm having repeatable iMac-bricking with 10.10.1.  I think it's my HD. Quote: I really appreciate all this great advice.  If you're talking about clients, then you just gave me $-advice, and I'm grateful. No FW800 at home, and I was going to ask why all the fuss before just fresh-clean-installing Yosemete directly from recovery-mode, but  I understand now that you're saying if the internal is on the fritz, the FW800 based one can be used multiple times (after a new HD...
I'm having repeatable iMac-bricking with 10.10.1.  I think it's my HD.   Apologies in advance I know this isn't a tech-support forum, but just for chatting purposes:         [  Our late-2008 MacBook loaded 10.10.1 fine btw. ]   One of the earliest 27" iMac's from Nov-2009:  2TB HD.  Loaded 10.10 fine.   After the 10.10.1 restart, and partway through the grey-screen-apple-logo with progress bar, it just STOPS.   No obvious HD sounds.  Just empty grey screen with...
 My 3 year old 4S has spent countless hours in the back pockets of jeans and khaki's, as my wallet has.  Each moves to the outside and there's never a problem with either. Actually the hard-edges of the phone and rubbing on seats actually wears the PANTs out, not the phone.  I learned that through a generation of pants that were kind-of ruined, and now I try front pocket, and just slide to the side.Wow.  A whole post about Pants.   What is this the Lego-Movie? Oops.
 Don't forget the kickstand.  The watch that can replace your Laptop.
There's a dairy farm near my house that has a white plastic iPad stand with CC-swiper (like an iMac stand, with a real iPad as the "screen"), as their POS system.  The last time we were there it was an all-cash operation, now they have the simple and effective way to sell. Really good question by afalkner.  ApplePay for some Milk that's only hours-old, with the moo-ing in the background.I love what Apple does for society.  1-song instead of 1-album, (.....a whole bunch of...
 I prefer when Paper Money goes from someone else's hand INTO my hand.If I get enough of it, I'll get the Watch.  Oops.  Topic-contamination.
The executive decisions are the same as they've always been, "What's best for the CUSTOMER", not the conglomerate or business partner. Do you like buying 1 song instead of buying a whole album?  Where'd that come from? Apple re-makes ENTIRE INDUSTRIES in the CUSTOMERs benefit. Even personal opinions should be made in context.
 I almost spit out some coffee laughing while reading this.  Just let that image sink in:  Sleek iPhone 6,.....with a big honkin' 3.5" drive glued on.I remember the first digital camera I ever used (borrowed).  It had a 3.5" floppy drive for storage, and I thought it was AWESOME because it had "unlimited storage".  I think I used it to take pix of my new 2001 vehicle, so that was the time-frame. 5-to-10 seconds between taking each little 640x480 JPG, and so happy to have...
 The truth of this made me all itchy just reading it. I need some i-Benadryl.