or Connect

Posts by aelegg

The truth of this made me all itchy just reading it. I need some i-Benadryl.
 Huge Apple fan, but I worry about this too.  We have two 4Ss.  I was very disappointed with iOS7 since on iOS4, 5, and 6, the interface disappeared as Jony always said Apple products do.  Flawless, liquid, and invisible.But with iOS7 I became aware due to the OS-stutters and apps crashes.   Isn't that what we laugh at with Android?Now it's not getting some inputs, and is generally "haunted". iOS8 makes this bad behavior better, or worse?  It's sad to have to ask that...
 I wonder if the pairing process between Phone & Watch entails a TouchID press, then the two become "married" at the sub-atomic level of TouchID.  Hmmmm.I'm geeking out big time about the watch.  I was STARING at Apple's watch-pages.  I had the same urges that my six year old would have if I held ice cream in front of her face but wouldn't give it to her.  Embarrassing Confession:  I could feel how much I wanted to have it. It was the same with the very fist iPod Nano.  I...
 My mother-in-law (72yrs), LOVEs her iPhone 5S.  Loves it. She doesn't know about actual Apps and has never downloaded one.  All her "Apps" are actually Safari shortcuts that have little icons like apps (I didn't even know you could do that since I use apps and hardly use Safari, esp favorites).She wasn't even using her own WiFi at home and was running near her 2GB limit. I got her to sign on to her own WiFi at home, and of course her data usage is back to nil. "only" 16GB...
Is it too soon to ask about Min-Sys-Reqts to run Yosemite?   I was pleasantly surprised when our early-2009 Al-Macbook (the 6-month window of Aluminum-but-not-Pro [no sD slot]), could run Mavericks.  Core 2 Duo.   I'm imagining it will be (fairly) cut off from Yosemite.   How about a late 2009 27" iMac (the first 27", core i7).  That should get Yosemite, yes?
 What would Apple charge to install an A8 chip directly into my brain? $79?Better get the AppleCare with the install:  $1,000,000.
 This would be awesome.  I'd make this the new "First Ammendment", and bump all the others down one.   I guess that would be confusing. Something 1000x-more-likely, but still impossible:  Congressional Term Limits.
 I left my iPhone 4S outside on the table on our Deck (the phone was my grill-timer).  Left it overnight and it rained. Water was threatening entry into the headphone jack (couldn't tell). A drop was covering the home button and surrounding area (finger-oil and tight tolerances I think kept it out). The camera lens was fogged up on the inside. I was resigned to no more pictures, and accepted my own blame. By midday the camera lens un-fogged itself and it's been fine ever...
I agree with everything you're saying here.  Instead of "forcing" Apple to do something, it might be more accurate to say, "If Samsung gets this to work, it might add to the body of knowledge on Mobile Security, which is good for everyone." F Samsung by the way.
I know this isn't a support forum, so please ignore if it shouldn't be here, but my Contacts keep disappearing from my 4S using iOS7.  All disappear except 3 or 4 (perhaps ones MADE on the phone itself?). I don't need contacts every minute so it's minor annoyance, so I let it drag on sometimes.    Sometimes they re-appear on their own (WiFi Sync from iCloud while at home, perhaps involving iMac, I think). Sometimes I dig deep into my phone's Settings "looking" for...