or Connect

Posts by aelegg

These watches are go great.  I was really wrong in thinking the Milanese Loop would be the most expensive (non-gold) one.  It looks so elegant with the "moving parts" etc etc.  I see now it's an extruded woven wire essentially.  There are likely many many less processing steps than the links, but anyway.    Funny:  Picture this made-up heart-attack scenario (that would never happen): Imagine the ease and convenience of buying a $0.99 App in the App-Store, while signed...
A cheap supercar is a 7th-gen Chevrolet Corvette Z06 with the Z07 track package:  About $100,000, supercar performance. The 650hp and 650lb-ft of Torque is a performance bargain.   A supercar is a Ferarri or Lambo:  $250,000 to $400,000 ish (think 458 Speciale for Ferarri, or Aventador for Lambo).   Christian von Keonigsegg calls his cars "HyperCars" in his videos:  Think Pagani & Koenigsegg.  $Millions.   I've been a car fan for a long time (while driving a pickup,...
Watch bands today are held on by those spring loaded posts.  No different than toilet paper.  TOILET PAPER. I still remember seeing the AppleWatch bands go on and off during the keynote.  Subtle, genius, game-changing, Apple. I remember looking up and, while imagining all the watch makers throughout history before me, thinking: "You guys had CENTURIES to think of this!" I cant wait, but I'm already getting spooked by the potential stainless price. Plus, I fear the real...
 You make a decent point, but it's based on "today-thinking".   In the late 1800s there would have been plenty of predictions about how poorly a loud, smelly, maintenance-needing, fuel-needing, hard to operate, "horseless carriage", would sell. I think the Apple Watch is part of a technological trend (unlike all other watches/smartwatches) that can't be stopped. Apple talked about how personal the device is, and how it's part of a natural progression: 1 Mainframe2 Personal...
 I understand.  I was thinking of cheap, everyday watches, like my Wenger swiss army watch, that couldn't have been more than $300. -> Edit:  Oops.  Looks like $150. <- Edit. Kind-of-nice-looking if you don't know what nice watches are.  I'm not sure what the category is called ("cheap?"). My overall point remains that the apple-watch isn't a watch or smartwatch at all, but a personal-assistant/communicator; something that nothing in today's market competes with, and as...
 Just a general observation that I have not only read broadly, but seen myself.  I can't think of too many people here in the office, under the age of 30, that have wrist-watches. Older managers and executives, from early generations, you see more wrist-watches. I think the apple watch is so much more, that it will not suffer from the above trend.
 People are still taking a personal assistant (or whatever we should be calling it), and jamming it into a watch mindset.It's not a watch.  It's not a Smartwatch.  It will be a personal-assistant/intimate-communicator.It has nothing to do with your Casio, or someone's "Fit-Bit", or that iPad Nano watchband thing, etc etc. There's a new product category here.  Any attempt to compare it to today's products or today's needs misses the boat. This is a Henry Ford moment, "If I...
 I think Apple is making, yet again, a product that people don't understand.How often do we all joke, "I need a personal assistant!".The Watch is the first step towards that.  Wouldn't it be great to have a personal assistant walking behind you, carrying your phone, letting you know which TXTs/e-mails/Alerts were important, which appointments, etc etc? The "most personal device we (they) have ever made", is the beginning of that. People who say, "I don't need a...
 So you must love your horse drawn carriage because you don't have to put gas in it.
 Resistors as Stocking Stuffers?  Stockings are for candy!I hope you take all 95 and make a little Elf-statue! Heh heh.  Just having fun. The last components I needed were Caps for the infamous Cap-Gate that affected the (Samsung, for ONCE, not their fault) TV in the house we bought.  There's a family owned place around us that's like a double-Radio-Shack.