or Connect

Posts by Kristi

everything is FINALLY working!!! i've never done this before so i was a little hesitant, but after doing it i am glad i did not shell out the money the mac place wanted to charge for a new hdd plus installing it. i saved myself at least $250. i'm assuming the first go around it wasn't pushed in far enough. thanks for all your help.
I pulled everything out and it is now indeed installed. I can see it along the side. Now, I am stuck on the Partition part. I can click options and select GUID, but it will not let me name it. Is that important or can I go on and install my software now? I followed these instructions to get me where I am at right now. Do I need to format the hard drive? It says it is unformatted right now. Thanks for all your help. I have no idea why it didn't work at first, but I...
Hi All, I'm quite frustrated with my macbook at the moment. I had it for a year and a half and then the hard drive crashed on me. I had it diagnosed at the Apple store I bought it at and had mac friends searching for a new drive for me once I got the news it was indeed the hard drive. I purchased this one from newegg http://m.newegg.com/Product/Product....82E16822148336 and the installation was smooth and painless and I am glad I did not pay to have the store do it, but...