or Connect

Posts by PaulMJohnson

I'm struggling to find anything on this one anywhere on either apple.com or the internet generally but I'm seeing a weird problem with Messages since I upgraded to Yosemite.   I can send photos with it fine, and they seem to be received as well, but they don't display "in line" as expected.     Interestingly, if I double click on the IMG_2360, the photo is sort of there, I just can't get at it. Double clicking does this:     However, I can't do anything from...
I will, since it's going to launch in 220,000 stores! The one disappointment I have with Apple Pay (although this may become possible), is that Apple didn't build in the NFC technology into the new iPads.  Given increasing numbers of small merchants seem to be using iPads with Square as their POS device, it would seem like Apple has missed a trick by not exploiting that market.Surely they could have made an iPad have the tech needed to Apple Pay on the merchants side?
I'm not 100% sure, but when I read your comment, it seemed to ring a bell, so you might well be right.
He got fined a couple of years ago for wearing a San Francisco Giants cap at an NFL press conference.   You'd think he'd learn.   However, with the news cycle this will generate, and the number of times the words "Colin Kaepernick" and "Beats Headphones" will be said in the same sentence during those news reports, it will be well worth Apple paying the fine every time a star player does this.  $10k for the amount of air time this will generate is spectacularly cheap...
HP's biggest mistake came in 1999 when they decided to spin off the part of the business they were built on, instruments, and go for the "new and shiny".  They've been doing it ever since with disastrous acquisitions like Compaq, Palm and Autonomy.   Meanwhile their old instruments business, Agilent, are beating them hands down.  The comparison of the two stocks since Agilent was spun off is...
Exactly.Apple are trying to compete with Facebook, Netflix, Google et al for talent in Silicon Valley, and need to make sure they have benefits that will attract people.When I'm hiring, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to beat Apple to the same person, partially because Apple is known to have a poor work life balance.
Me too. I'm sat here with two Thunderbolt displays connected to a Mac Pro, and it feels like it should be more spectacular than it is! Still, the Mac Pro does build Random Forrest models at a hell of a speed!
That's funny.This really speaks to the type of man Balmer is.  It doesn't occur to him to make a better product that people would prefer to use, just force people to obey your commands. A chap who works for me used to work for a company that was acquired by Microsoft and at a team meeting Balmer asked them what Operating Systems they all used.  This guy was the only one in the room who said he used Linux (he's a software engineer, they all use either Linux or Mac for...
 Yes, I've found myself pressing volume and the on/off button at the same time multiple times.  I'll probably get used to it, but it doesn't seem right to me either. TouchID is crazy fast.  Seems to work better when my fingers are damp than the last one as well.
It's not that common, but it happens. Chartered Fab 7 was the primary fab for XBox 360 processors, but a bunch were made in IBM East Fishkill as well.