or Connect

Posts by PaulMJohnson

This is going to be a big deal for the banks.  I'm currently with HSBC, and I'm already pissed off with them for various reasons.  If they don't support Apple Pay quickly, it'll be the straw that breaks the camels back, and I'll move banks.   Apple are making the banks compete, which is a great thing.
She was taking a picture of her kid. She was in a room of about 15 people, and in the Bay Area it's a good bet half of them would be in the tech industry and likely to know what the phone was. She and her husband didn't seem a but concerned about being seen with it.
I didn't recognize either the woman with it, or her husband. Initially I thought it might be a copy, but it sure as hell looked like one. Took this picture, admittedly at full zoom on my iPhone 5s, since I didn't want her to wonder why the hell I was taking a picture of her.
Not sure how they had it, but I saw someone with an iPhone 6 in San Jose today.
I know they're never going to please everyone, so I'll just have to get over it, but I wish they were releasing the new 6 "stuff" in the old size as well. I'll be interested to see the 6, but my current 5s is just tremendous.  I like everything about it, and find the size the sweet spot and if I had my druthers, my next phone wouldn't be any bigger than the one I have.   I'm totally excited about the NFC and mobile payments though, so I'll end up with the 6.
Well, I'll be interested to see one.  I have to admit, it does look nice, but what it actually does will be the key thing for me.   My problem is my watch is a piece of jewelry first, and a timepiece second.  As a piece of jewelry, I don't want to wear the same thing on my wrist as everyone else does, so the fact that I can see this selling loads makes me less likely to want one. Unless I'd find it useful enough to make it a useful "thing" instead of primarily a piece...
Will be interesting to see the take-up they get with stores introducing the contactless payment stations.  I'd love this to get widespread acceptance and allow me to stop carrying my wallet once and for all.
I assume since their own devices aren't selling as well as they forecast, Samsung will have a surplus of DRAM manufacturing capacity, hence they're dropping prices.
Jesus that's in bad taste.
Ha, ha!  Very true. This one seems worse than most.