or Connect

Posts by PaulMJohnson

No, I'm not selective in my outrage at all.  I am, however, practical about what action I can take to air my displeasure.  If I stop using Javascript, it will be an extreme negative to me, and will not impact Mozilla at all.  If I stop using Firefox, it will impact Mozilla (since they won't get any click through payments from Google anymore).I think he's been treated incredibly badly by an organization (Mozilla) who he worked for for over a decade, with never a question of...
I've deleted Firefox as a result, as it happens. I don't agree with Brendan Eich's position, but I don't think he should have been forced out. Sadly, his example will now be used by, I don't know, Hobby Lobby, to force out a CEO if he turns out to be gay.
No you don't have a right to have a job just because you want one, but you should have the right to be judged for that job fairly, based on things you can control rather than things that have no bearing on job performance that you can't.
 I'm sorry, if it's a choice, who would choose it?  Who would choose to face bigotry, have unequal rights etc?
So, you wouldn't have hired someone like Sophie Wilson, born Roger Wilson, creator of the instruction set for the first ARM processor, which now has lineage to the A series of Applied chips on the grounds that she is "confused"? I try and hire people who are brilliant.
 Yes, that's true, but it also serves as a further filter between the transceiver and the CPU.  The silicon for a baseband processor will have all manner of noise filtering, and will also be built using larger geometries than the main CPU which will further help in dealing with RF noise. For that reason, I don't know if you'd be able to embed the baseband and the CPU onto the same silicon, or even different silicon in the same package, but I may be wrong.
There'd be some impressive savings to be made in cost and power if they find a way to integrate the Baseband processor into the same package as the CPU. I'd assume there's some pretty big challenges with managing RF noise though.
 I think you're right, I suspect there is going to be a new market segment created by someone and hopefully Apple.From what I anecdotally see, people who either can't afford, or don't want to wear an expensive watch everyday, seem to have all but stopped wearing watches, based on the fact that they have a more accurate clock than any watch in their pocket, on their phone. Finding a way to get that huge segment of the market to wear something on their wrist again is a hell...
Ha!  That gave me a laugh, thanks!
How will this "shame" Wikipedia? Do you think Jimmy Wales will read this and have a sudden epiphany that a community curated encyclopedia is a bad idea?  The whole point of Wikipedia is that people who supposedly know more about a topic have the freedom to correct errors.  By complaining about it on another website you completely defeat the purpose of it. Everyone (at least, everyone with any brain), knows not to trust Wikipedia as a single source for knowledge.