or Connect

Posts by PaulMJohnson

The one at Valley Fair Mall.  Took me five days to get an appointment, then was told it would be 4 hours until I could get it back. http://www.apple.com/retail/valleyfair/
Nah, I'm not going to do that.   I'm just a regular consumer.  I either use a shop/product or don't depending on how good the experience is.  All I'm saying here is that I used to enjoy using the Apple Store, and now I don't.  I don't really care if Apple care about that or not.  I just don't think I should not say on what is a comment site what my personal experience is, just because it doesn't fit with people like you who assume anyone who doesn't think everything Apple...
Yeah I could, but that's not in my nature.  I'll just stop using the Genius Bar, having already stopped using the Apple Stores to buy things.  Obviously I'm in the minority, since Apple continually report Apple Stores going gangbusters, but the experience in them has been getting worse and worse over time.  They are always far too busy, staff tend to congregate talking to each other and make me feel like I'm intruding when I ask them for help.  I just can't be bothered...
I don't think I've ever had a survey from Apple to be honest. Would have quite liked to be able to provide feedback on my Genius Bar appointment a couple of weeks ago - it was a dreadful experience.
Why should he have to prove himself to you?  You can either chose to believe him or not. I didn't return my Apple Watch, but I did sell it on eBay after owning it for four weeks, because I never found a situation that it looked right with the clothes I was wearing (or at least, one of my other watches always looked more suitable). You need to realize that having an opinion contrary to "everything Apple does is the best thing ever" doesn't mean you are a "troll", or a...
The speed with which people on these forums jump to deny that anything could be problematic with an Apple product is pathetic.  Apple aren't perfect you know, they have manufacturing issues like everyone else.  The fact they get reported is a function of Apple being so big and selling so many units.   I actually have this problem on my retina Macbook (it seems to be "reflecting" the keys, so I assume it's something that's happened when it's closed).  I basically never...
I'm actually quite impressed with mine.  It's speech recognition, while still limited in function (though they keep adding more to it) is impressive, even at long range (mine's in the corner of the kitchen, and it picks up what I tell it a good 20m away).  Using it to build a shopping list is surprisingly intuitive and useful (when you're rooting through the pantry and you find you don't have something you need, just saying, Alexa, add "x" to my shopping list" becomes...
I'm glad they're doing this.  The "flyover" doesn't add much practical value to Maps, even if it does look cool, but Street View is a very real benefit in Google Maps.   I might have to go back and read DEDs laughable article that went to great pains to explain why flyover was in fact better than Street View when it clearly wasn't.  Now I'll look forwards to Apples implementation of Street View and watch him do a complete reverse ferret and explain why Street View is now...
This is a tremendous idea. The fact that Apple went out of their way to get my data off a Windows PC back in the day made the decision to switch much easier. This should achieve the same for phones.
The best thing Jobs did on his return to Apple was see the potential in this guy.   That, along with, somewhat controversially, his convincing Microsoft to invest in Apple and continue Office support, are probably the two moments that most created the most valuable company in the world.