or Connect

Posts by PaulMJohnson

Yes, that was an awfully difficult transition from a user standpoint. I remember weeping - WEEPING, when System Preferences occasionally had to close and re-open in 32-bit mode. To be honest, I wonder if I'll ever get over the psychological scarring it caused.
Digital watches - how exciting!   You'll forgive me if I keep my Breitling!
  Making the initial connection on Facetime has become a massively hit and miss affair for me.  When I try to call my brother in the UK, which I do every week, it used to connect pretty much instantly when Facetime first came out.  Now I get a lot of instances of it "ringing" but not actually contacting him, of it saying "connecting" when he's answered, but then it looks like it's hung (the connection never completes).   I've no idea if this is related to the topic at...
Considering the only iPhone generation change not to feature a new processor was between the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G, it's almost inconceivable that they won't release a new SoC with whatever they release this year.
And Apple:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQb_Q8WRL_g   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT3_tiQZwwA   Negative ads done badly damage your brand.  If they're done well, with charm and humor, they can work.
Sweet - I just broke my Apple TV (note to other users, don't put it on top of your DirecTV box in a small space, since it doesn't seem to like excess heat!) and was planning on replacing it soon.
  I'd guess number 2 is the most likely.
That's quite funny. What a bunch of classless arseholes.
The US system isn't just skewed in favor of billionaires.  I'm in the process of buying a house in downtown San Jose.  The mortgage is going to be enormous, so I'm going to have a massive amount to write off on my taxes.  I should be able to get my effective tax rate down to well below that of someone who can only afford to rent in San Jose.   It's an act of doublethink that I'm thankful for this, but I'm not convinced it's fair.
  And fair!   I agree with you though, this is an excellent move.  Rather than complaining about companies doing something that is perfectly legal, if they don't like it, they are there to change the laws to achieve their aims.