or Connect

Posts by PaulMJohnson

I'm really pleased about this.  I could just about get away with only taking an iPad with me when I travel, but for the fact that Numbers just doesn't meet my needs in the way Excel does (and, of course, Excel is pretty much the "standard" where I work).   Now, if they would just improve Excel for Mac, to make it use multi-core processors, that would be a huge bonus too!
Didn't that phone come out ages ago?
 Got it, yeah, I see what you mean. I'll dig in and see what I can figure out. On the one hand, I'd kind of be happy to switch to a Mac Pro at work, then a Macbook Air for on the road, but I'm loathe to give up the 15" Retina MBP I've got at the moment.  Of all the computers I've had, from the Sinclair ZX81 up, it's the only computer I've ever had where I genuinely can't think of anything I don't like about it.
 I don't think so? 4k is 3840 x 2160, so ~8.3m pixelsMy Thunderbolt is 2560 x 1440, so ~3.7m pixels.4k is over twice as many pixels, isn't it?
 No, I've not look at any hacks to make this work.To be perfectly honest, I'll not do anything about 4k until Apple come out with a 4k display.  Looking at the 4k displays some people have at work now, coupled with a Windows machine, I'm not impressed enough to want to ditch my two Thunderbolt displays for a non-Apple 4k monitor. I was kind of aware of the fact that when 4k comes along from Apple I would probably have to switch of the Mac as well, since as well as the...
Gah! Only for late 2013 MBP's, and I've got an early 2013! Might be what finally makes me pull the trigger and buy a new Mac Pro.
I once saw an old bloke drop his pipe into the urinal while he was taking a piss. I was somewhat appalled when he picked it out, put it straight back into his mouth and continued smoking away. There's worse things to drop in the urinal than your phone!
 I'm pretty shocked they didn't cobble together a 64-bit processor (or is this one?) Seems like the sort of thing they would blatantly copy after banging on about how pointless it is if Apple do it.
When a crash comes, the companies that actually make money tend to hold up OK. Companies like Facebook, with a P/E of 110 will struggle.   Zynga with a market cap of $4.22bn despite never having posted a profit will struggle. I heard someone suggest a Spotify IPO could value them at $24bn.  They are losing money. Amazon with a P/E of 590.  How can that be justified?  They can't keep growing forever...... Apple with a P/E of 13 and actual profits will be OK. Microsoft with...
There's another tech stock crash coming...........