or Connect

Posts by PaulMJohnson

She was taking a picture of her kid. She was in a room of about 15 people, and in the Bay Area it's a good bet half of them would be in the tech industry and likely to know what the phone was. She and her husband didn't seem a but concerned about being seen with it.
I didn't recognize either the woman with it, or her husband. Initially I thought it might be a copy, but it sure as hell looked like one. Took this picture, admittedly at full zoom on my iPhone 5s, since I didn't want her to wonder why the hell I was taking a picture of her.
Not sure how they had it, but I saw someone with an iPhone 6 in San Jose today.
I know they're never going to please everyone, so I'll just have to get over it, but I wish they were releasing the new 6 "stuff" in the old size as well. I'll be interested to see the 6, but my current 5s is just tremendous.  I like everything about it, and find the size the sweet spot and if I had my druthers, my next phone wouldn't be any bigger than the one I have.   I'm totally excited about the NFC and mobile payments though, so I'll end up with the 6.
Well, I'll be interested to see one.  I have to admit, it does look nice, but what it actually does will be the key thing for me.   My problem is my watch is a piece of jewelry first, and a timepiece second.  As a piece of jewelry, I don't want to wear the same thing on my wrist as everyone else does, so the fact that I can see this selling loads makes me less likely to want one. Unless I'd find it useful enough to make it a useful "thing" instead of primarily a piece...
Will be interesting to see the take-up they get with stores introducing the contactless payment stations.  I'd love this to get widespread acceptance and allow me to stop carrying my wallet once and for all.
I assume since their own devices aren't selling as well as they forecast, Samsung will have a surplus of DRAM manufacturing capacity, hence they're dropping prices.
Jesus that's in bad taste.
Ha, ha!  Very true. This one seems worse than most.
 Fucking hell we have a first world problem here.