or Connect

Posts by PaulMJohnson

I've had two in the last couple of months, previously none.
This is AppleInsider comments at it's best.   All of the reasons cited for why the schools couldn't make the iPad work are being blamed on the school.  And quite so, you can see that if the schools had better administrators, a more forward thinking view of IT, better support etc. they might have been able to make the iPad work.   But hopefully Apple don't sit there and blame the school.  If Apple wants to win the schools market, and if they believe iPad is a viable...
You do realize that the market is down across the board today. Not everything is a conspiracy against Apple.
The Daily Telegraph in England made some interesting points about this today.  They said that ultimately as smartphones cease to be differentiated by hardware, and they made the point that once, for examples, screens become such high resolution that your eye can't discern an even higher resolution, people will end up buying phones based on:   Familiarity Price   Familiarity is a function of the OS, so if you're into iOS, you will continue buying Apple, but if...
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I just think it's going to put off a huge number of merchants.  Why would they roll out new Visa machines, for the benefit of only people with Apple phones?  If there's not enough take-up at the merchants, whatever is on the phone is pretty much useless. It's not dissimilar to passbook really.  While I love it for getting into the baseball, it's pretty crappy because NHL don't support it (at least the Sharks don't), and Southwest...
I just don't believe it's going to happen unfortunately.   As far as I can see, the only way putting payment into a phone would work, would be if the phone companies could all agree on a standard, so that one "receiver" at the merchant could handle all phones.  It's not going to work if the merchant has to have one device for people with Apple phones, another for people with Android phones, another for people with Windows phones etc. as well as the existing one for...
For me, one of the problems is I've just got used to picking Google Maps now.  I tried Apple Maps a lot when it first came out, but it let me down multiple times, so I switched to Google.  Now Maps would need to offer something significantly better than Google for me to try again.   I didn't expect Apple Maps to be perfect on release, but the mistakes it made were so far from right that it was all but useless at times. Once something else gets into your "workflow",...
As long as Photos is a sharp improvement on iPhoto, with a lot of the Aperture features included, I don't actually mind.   My only gripe is that if Photos is more like iPhoto than Aperture, it leaves you with little choice as a "prosumer".  I'm told that Lightroom is pretty good, but I really object to having to subscribe to software.
Well for me it's because at my desk I have two Thunderbolt displays, so the Macbook Pro is used to power them when I'm at my desk.   I do that with the screen closed on the MBP. Doesn't seem to cause any problems.
I'm not sure I'd take too seriously the complaints of a man who, while being worth over $1bn, continually bangs on about the plight of the poor and needy, while he claims residency in The Netherlands, so that his tax bill is lower than it would be if he were in Ireland, neatly avoiding and of his taxes helping the poor and needy of Ireland. In summary, the man is a twat.