or Connect

Posts by Eye Forget

With a netbook yes. With a Tablet that does not have I/O and a decent OS, no. This is my entire point, it competes with what's already in your pocket and is not pocketable. The Air belongs to my wife. In terms of "ultraportable" it does not pack as well as my 12" PB. That's why the Tablet is of interest to me. However, it needs to replace a functioning laptop, not something that's already in my pocket, works just fine and would be replaced with something else that...
The netbook market is a laptop substitute. Unless the Tablet has I/O, it competes with a smartphone/Touch. I think I'm a typical user. MacBook Air, 12" G4 PB (call them any laptop) and a smartphone. If I'm on the road where portability is paramount, what am I going to do with an unpocketable Touch that can't displace my laptop? Its not a price issue, its configurability. The more I read the more it sounds like a Kindle. I know 3 people with Kindles. None of them use...
I agree. I'm a Touch user. That's another reason why I can't see the concept displacing pocketable devices, whether they are on a cellular plan or a Touch. If its a trade-off between pocketable and larger screen, I don't see much of a market for the latter. Especially considering it won't replace what's already in my pocket for the privilege of spending more money. Hopefully it will have a decent os and I/O. Then it starts looking attractive as it displaces the laptop.
Continues to make no sense to me if built around a cellular plan with no easily accessible file system, no storage and and a beefy os. Who needs another cell plan when they probably already have some smartphone or another? Its not pocketable so who will travel with this versus their existing laptop? It has to provide some unique functionality that's attractive to a mass audience and does not compete with products they already own. As far as subscription TV, this...
"As iPod touch users are also likely to have an iTunes account to buy applications and media, the youth who use the mobile device are seen as likely to eventually migrate to Apple's "premium" iPhone as they get older. This further ties them into the Apple ecosystem, and would fuel the company's growth in the mobile Internet space." Debatable. As an "older" person, I have a Touch and a cell phone. I have no interest in being tied to a monthly plan, locked phones and...
I use a Touch and an unlocked gsm phone on T-Mobile. I flip back and forth between the US and Europe too much to bother with a locked iPhone. ATT, is a mess to deal with. The G-Phone makes sense in that its cross border as well as cross gsm carrier. The fact the iPhone is tied to ATT is a killer for me. At our US home, ATT is our landline and ISP. My experience with them is they are totally incompetent. Having lived in 10 states and several different countries I...
yes, get a Nokia and join an insignificant part of the 15% using non-Apple mobile products. When a company offers a couple of products that compete within an ocean of products, virtually all brought to us by manufacturers which predate Apple's entry into mobile, one cannot assume everyone blindly made the choice to go with Apple. I think people know what they're doing. AT&T may not be great but it appears it's worth the compromise to avoid all the crap hardware out there....
Yes, like Google and like Bing. Suggest reading the thread. These are Google users looking at an alternative. The point is they looked at Bing. Not whether or not Bing was acceptable.
If Bing has nothing to do with Apple, then neither does mention of Google or any non-Apple application. Or for that matter any peripheral device not made by Apple. I doubt if you would find many threads not mentioning any of the above. What the Bing results show is people are sufficiently dissatisfied with Google to look at an alternative.
Dear Steve, Here's a reason why this delay is meaningful to you. As an owner of two 12" G4 Powerbooks, I'm not going to wait forever for a replacement. I need a portable "real" computer. An iPhone does not cut it. I recently tried to live with an iPhone for 3 months, sans PB. All I was doing was using other people's computers, and brushing up on my Windows skills. I need strong apps, portability and real I/O, beyond what AirSharing can deliver. "Upgrading"...