or Connect

Posts by Eye Forget

Utterly useless maps. My address does not exist, my street is in the wrong place, 6 of 12 streets in the neighborhood are in the wrong place, there is land and a street shown where, in reality, there is water. This is in a fairly major urban area. The neighborhood was laid out in the 1930's. This won't last long.
I doubt if the dismal sales of other tablets has anything to do with the screen size. The technically illiterate making a safe decision, confusion about what Android is, the Apple aura, the App store, etc, etc, etc.I have an iPhone, a Touch and an iPad. I've looked at the Galaxy 7 (nice) but was unwilling to leave the eco system. I would buy a 7.85" iPad in a heartbeat. Its a lovely size for reading and gaming. And, it would be a whole lot lighter. As to price, it's also...
Yes, and kill the iPad 1, cripple the iPad 2 and spur even more sales of iPad 3's.
Yawn. For how many year do we need to listen to people who fail to observe and process history? Yet are quite adept at describing the future.
The "tweaks" have been available for years for Safari. I use Cookies, Incognito and Little Snitch. For this discussion to take place on a fairly techie site makes me wonder.
It would be the same. Try to find methods engineers in the USA, or workers who take their jobs seriously enough to learn to operate a multi-million $ piece of equipment or properly care for it. In the 80's my company was moving complex, highly automated lines out of the USA. Now the USA is not given a thought. The US labor force is a symbol of drug and alcohol issues, difficult unions, inadequate qualifications, personal baggage and minds set on anything other than the...
"better battery life, lighter weight, more effective memory, faster performance, lower cost" is what keeps you ahead of the competition.
Interesting statement. Have you lived in Germany? I have and tech is certainly not one of the German's strong points. Obviously there are plenty of geeks. Go beyond that group and you have a technically naive group that hardly embraces tech. As far as "can afford it"; German household net worth is far from the top of the ladder in Europe. Italy (substantially higher), Spain and Ireland (all labeled as financially troubled countries) are all higher than the German...
This is a side show in a circus. The main ring contains the FCC properly staffed with ex-industry hacks, lobbyists greasing the skids and corrupt congressmen passing directives to maintain a closed market. Surrounding the main ring are walled gardens of incompatible technologies and frequencies, pipelines owned by service providers and mnvo's tied to pricing structures determined by the pipeline owner (oops, their competitors) rigged to ensure the continuation of lousy,...
"When they are released" is the key. They are already late and it's nice to know my visits to 2 stores in Switzerland to take a look at a Nokia with the Windows OS went no where as I could not find any. Appears to be the same case in Germany. Yes, the German IT departments may "forcefully" "recommend" Windows. That will work in Germany, it's not going to work anywhere else. And Nokia needs a lot more than Germany to exist. My wife now has a new 4s. Exciting, no. I had...