or Connect

Posts by daving313

Why do people keep citing the pre-order figure? Has anyone released which of those are actual NEW customers? Yea, great for Apple regardless, I understand that... But the true stat would be which of those are NOT upgrades. The interesting numbers will be the August, September adds for AT&T. So what is everyone doing that upgraded with their old iPhone? Ebay and Craigslist will be like a Wal-Mart for them. Wonder if Apple is ever going to introduce a recycling...
So if that information is in Flash format (as most local restaurants in Chicago are), I guess you're agreeing with me...? You must not have understood my point. Or are you suggesting restaurants and other small businesses with already slim margins should re-invest in a website overhaul so iPhones can view their content?
If we're talking about daily usage, yes, it is nice to load up a restaurant's Flash website and menu when out and about in the city. One of the many conveniences of a capable smartphone.
You might want to check AT&T online, or maybe it's just my browser session, but it shows "FREE" after two-year new contract. But I guess that's for a refurbished. 79.99 for a "new" one.Like I addressed in my post which you failed to acknowledge, the Backflip is a prime example of carrier control over OS. For the price-point, and feature set, like your daughter chose, Android 1.5 was everything she wanted. Is she upset that she won't be able to get Fro-Yo? Probably...
Why do people even bring up the Backflip? The phone is free with a new 2-year contract. You can even get the Droid for free after a new contract on Wirefly. The cheapest iPhone is an 8GB 3G refurb for 49.99 (hardware which is 2 years old). I think comparing to the Droid X hardware (since it's not even out yet like the iPhone 4) would be much more fair and at the same price point. Really this hardware comparison should be between the Evo, Droid X, and iPhone 4. They...
Now I'm just as guilty as the next when it comes to the hardware specs "discussion". No one will ever be won over to one side of the fence, especially on an Apple-centric forum. But, I do feel someone brought up a good point earlier in regards to how would people react if the iPhone got some of the "unique features" that the Evo got and vice versa. The iPhone faithful would then defend those features.... FM Radio... "Ahh Steve Jobs, you finally have thought about our...
Interesting study. I charged mine to full yesterday afternoon and haven't touched a charger since. Did some 4G this morning, and have had Wi-Fi on all day and syncing. Still have 40% battery left right now. But to each their own. I would like to see the iPhone get pushed like these other "battery tests" of the Evo. That is, Push e-mail for 2 accounts (I have GMail and Exchange), full brightness, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Etc. I have a feeling that's where a lot of these...
But don't you need 3G service that works?Yea, I was really hoping for that gyro. Thicker because of a removable battery? Interesting. As for the 4G city selection, it's a pretty big chunk of population. And it works in those cities. AT&T doesn't work in Chicago. 4G does.Really well actually. I haven't dropped a single call on my Evo, call quality, and a LOUD speakerphone are great. I was dropping one call a day on AT&T.
Ha...I would only expect a super unbiased comparison on APPLEinsider. Why isn't AT&T red in the comparison sheet? The display really comes down to do you want large or small? Not a "red" or "green". No "Green" for the EVO having a removable battery, HDMI out, and FM radio? DISCLAIMER: I owned the iPhone 3G for a year as well as the 3GS for 11 months. I think I can form a valid opinion between the two. And no, the battery on an Evo does not last two hours.
So what are Apple's plans for all the old iPhones? Are they encouraging people to recycle them? Resell them? Put them in a closet? With 600,000 iPhone 4's already pre-ordered, that's a lot of new electronic waste in the next week. Unfortunately, used/eBay/Craigslist selling market is going to be saturated like no other. Great time for someone on AT&T to pick up a cheap 3GS off-contract or 3G. Only to be replaced by the iPhone WiMax/CDMA/3G/LTE/4G in 12 months with...