or Connect

Posts by daving313

But I still can't create a meeting invite on the iPad OS? Isn't it 2010?
I don't think I said add every port. But a typical life-span of a laptop before someone wants to upgrade it puts having HDMI out a timely choice as that's a port in your average consumers home that they can plug into their HDTV. Seems like reading the threads above Display Port isn't very adaptable as ports change and you still need to have the right hardware to even take advantage of it.
Why doesn't Apple just put a damn HDMI out? Is it really that hard? You spend $1000+ on a laptop and have to get dinged for an adapter cable and hope you have it with you, can find it quickly when you need it. Seriously, between this and the iPad's accessories necessary to do basic things...
As someone who owns a Kindle and tried an iPad for book reading for a while.... You will be sorely disappointed in the amount of glare on that shiny screen when you want to read. The weight difference is also incredible. Some will say though the fancy page turns make it worth it...Whatever floats your boat.
Wow, way to insert some rather abusive subjectivity there "plastic and junk". Although, I do have that same sentiment for my white iPhone with its plastic cracks (without a single drop), but I digress. Yes, people have freedom of choice. That's a rather obvious sentiment. My point was more of the market cannibalization of an iPad over a Netbook/Notebook. While it may be a replacement for some in the heat of their recent purchase/hype of the iPad, it will be interesting...
Has anyone actually tried creating/working with a large spreadsheet on the iPad? We were torn on how to replace an aging Powerbook and were looking at a Netbook or the iPad. We also have a Macbook Pro at home, but needed a second alternative and something light for travelling. The iWork spreadsheet app takes FOREVER to input anything. Using the keyboard of a netbook is SO much faster. I also spent only $300. No extra keyboard to buy, other adapters to buy to get...
Sorry, should have put my sarcasm face in
While HP does run a mildly succesful hardware business (that I would think the ASUS's, Gateways, Toshiba's of the world would be jealous of), they are not strictly commodities. They run a rather successful services organization as well. Wouldn't the brain drain have occurred when Palm was looking for a suitor?
It's funny that certain niche message boards for certain fans tend to have the same quick to the punch attitude about things. Reading the Appleinsider comments here I see we have a bunch of MBA's and Strategy consultants who already know this is doomed before a single share has been bought. HP is a $120 billion dollar company. Palm has a ton of IP and engineering talent. This is a very, very smart move for HP. They are paying straight cash. Let's not hate before...
Ha, I'll have to ask my fiance about her "super-responsive" iPhone that takes many seconds to load text messages, open up apps, etc (yes, she does a every few month wipe of the device and re-load as well). I would love to see you swipe through an entire book in 5 seconds also. Please, put that on YouTube. I should put a YouTube up of my Kindle. It does not take 2 seconds to re-draw a page. It is < 1 second, which in this fast-paced world of on demand gotta have it...