or Connect

Posts by daving313

While I apologize for that :gasp: second! it takes for a page to turn (my Kindle must not be the norm, the page turns are pretty flawless...and why is this such a big deal to begin with?) As for eBooks in the realm of textbooks and reference books, the same holds true for an iPad as well. Yea it might be nice to have all your books (that you can't resell like a normal text book) on that device that you have (in addition to your laptop), the ability to take quick notes...
Time to interject some actual 'objectivity' into this thread as no one here seems to actually own a Kindle minus one or two of you, the rest seem to come up with biases for a device they've never tried (the Kindle) versus a device that isn't even out yet (the iPad). I purchased my Kindle directly from Amazon (refurbished) for $219. That's little less than 40% the cost of the basic iPad. The Kindle does book reading at the best possible level you can accomplish without...
I hear the iPhone 4 has a new killer feature: the ability to call someone.
Sounds a lot like what the original tablets were supposed to do....
Or just use your laptop...? Don't think a tablet will be at the right price-point unfortunately. I see it going the route of the Air. Very niche product.
While I am all for competition in the marketplace, I fear any carrier that receives such a hot product cannot predict the overwhelming demand placed on its infrastructure. Yes, one could argue to just build more towers, do the upgrades in advance, but all these carriers are a business. They will not incur a giant expense with no cash flow coming in to cover. It's a bad PR thing, but it makes most business sense to release these then build infrastructure. You have...
No wonder I couldn't get service this weekend with my new 3GS... everyone uploading videos of things no one cares about or will ever watch.