or Connect

Posts by OskiO

It crashes on iPhoto and Pages for me, but I don't really use them very much...they are now free, which was a nice surprise, thanks Apple! I am having issues with it hanging.  Once I have not been able to answer a call...swipe, swipe, swipe and nothing.  Had to reboot the phone.  A few times my 5s has said 'No SIM' and I had to reboot....that is a bigger concern for me.   Even with these annoyances I really really like the 5s.  I find myself holding my thumb on the home...
It crashes on Pages and iPhoto for me.... yeah, that's not Apple's fault. 
So you're saying they took the site down because there wasn't a security issue?  huh... 
I'm an Apple Developer and luckily didn't have any pending updates or really have any need to access my account during this outage.  I do know two developers that were SOL with submitting time sensitive updates.   Apple messed this up and got a serious pass on this by AI in my opinion.  Eight days is an eternity for a security fix....that whole in the code must have been a mile wide or deep if it took them that long to fix it.  Am I the only one who expects Apple to...
"Paid apps from the App Store can now be installed in the Prepare pane only when a device is being supervised"   Really messes us up.  Now kids in our schools can't use the devices to take photos/videos and transfer them to iMovie.  I wish we could install paid apps on unsupervised devices.  When you have 500 of these things the last thing you want to do it have to manually enter passwords on each device!  Thanks Apple for not thinking this through!
Why would Google bother to make a mapping app for iOS 6? The longer they wait the more bad press Apple gets for iOS 6 maps and the more advertising focus Google can place on why buyers should give up Apple for Android. It's a perfect story for Google and exactly what they have been waiting for....Apple to disappoint (at least in mind share) a large chuck on their user base and potential smartphone buyers. I for one like the new maps. They have worked flawlessly for me....
Still no Hulu...I'm not buying ATV3. I had ATV2, really liked it, I liked the UI better in the previous version. But alas it didn't have Hulu so I stuck in on Craigslist and got a Roku. The Roku UI is okay, the remote is corny, but the channel selection is amazing. They have the ATV beat seven ways to Sunday in the 3rd party options department. (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Crackle, Pandora, and the list goes on an on...) I do miss having my TV as another Airport...
I use Microsoft Live Mesh already on all my Macs. It gives me UNLIMITED GB of syncing across three machines. There is no cloud storage, but I don't need it if it is syncing to all my machines (about 230GB and works flawlessly). It looks like SkyDrive and Live Mesh have a lot of overlap...I don't know why they can't just combine the products into one.
DOD for me. I text way too many people who don't use iDevices. Now if your iCloud account gave you a free phone number....now we're talking.
As Apple increases market share this issue is inevitable. Get use to it. PCs have been dealing with this for years, not because the systems are horrible but because the quantity and availability of potential infections/installations. Now it is starting to become Apple's issue with their steadily increasing market share.....over half the people I know who were PC 5 years ago are now Mac. With the increase communication of Mac to Mac we will see a lot more of this.