or Connect

Posts by groverat

There is no shortage. But when one does not want to see one will not see.
I think Obama's masterstroke is by embracing the angry white person and saying that there are legitimate reasons to be angry. Even further, he explicitly says it is wrong to marginalize the angry white person's concerns as racist. Something as deep and wide as Obama's speech will take a while for us to digest. We are unused to concepts delivered in such a reasoned and thorough manner.
SDW2001: How about James Inhofe, Republican Senator... "One of the reason I believe the spiritual door was opened for an attack against the United States of America," Inhofe huffed, "is that the policy of our government has been to ask the Israelis, and demand it with pressure, not to retaliate in a significant way against the terrorist strikes that have been launched against them." How about Jerry Falwell... " “The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this...
trumpt:You are seeing what you want to see and in no way is this "a serious question" from you. Simply saying that you're open to listening doesn't mean you're open to listening anymore than me saying I'm homosexual makes me attracted to men.Northgate:He doesn't. This is nothing but political gamesmanship. He feels angry so he rants and pretends it's not a rant. That's the trumptman M.O.
Frank777:You're arguing with the dictionary.This is why I provided the dictionary definition of "invade".It makes a huge difference.In what way would a strike inside Pakistan's borders threaten their sovereignty?No one is saying that Obama should do the "exact same thing". Bush invaded Iraq, overthrew its leadership, and installed troops by the hundred-thousand to patrol its streets.Obama advocates small targeted strikes against specific targets at specific times.
I don't think 1981 is "a lifetime ago" in terms of race relations.
SDW:retreat 1 a (1): an act or process of withdrawing especially from what is difficult, dangerous, or disagreeable (2): the process of receding from a position or state attained b (1): the usually forced withdrawal of troops from an enemy or from an advanced position (2): a signal for retreating c (1): a signal given by bugle at the beginning of a military flag-lowering ceremony (2): a military flag-lowering ceremony2: a place of privacy or...
Frank777:invasion1: an act of invading; especially : incursion of an army for conquest or plunder 2: the incoming or spread of something usually hurtfulDoesn't fit.invade1: to enter for conquest or plunder2: to encroach upon : infringe3 a: to spread over or into as if invading : permeate b: to affect injuriously and progressively Doesn't fit.SDW:Of course it changes the meaning, that's why we have different words in...
And this is for hardeeharhar