or Connect

Posts by cubs23

Does anyone have any comments on the Powermate USB Multimedia Controller, made by Griffin Technology? I am considering buying this. I am just wondering how easy it is to use. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/index.html [ 11-05-2002: Message edited by: cubs23 ]

Every time I start up my imac, the hard drive icon is at the bottom of every other icon, instead of on top. What causes this, and is there anything to switch in preferences so it shows up on top instead of the bottom?
I would go with the PS2. It has games that will entertain you just as well, or more, as halo would. Halo is just another 1st person shooter game that everyone is band-wagoning on since it is the only decent game for x-box. PS2 all the way.
I read in macworld magazine, in march of 2002, that by tricking iDVD2 into thinking that you put in a DVD-R disc, you can replace it with a DVD-RW disc. I bought a Philips DVD-RW disc, however, when I switched the dvd-r disc and put in the dvd-rw disc, an error came up. I tried to erase it with disk utility, but the disc wasn't being read. So, my question is, did I buy the wrong dvd-rw disc, or is tricking idvd2 not possible? Any tips would be appreciated.
I read in macworld magazine, in march of 2002, that by tricking iDVD2 into thinking that you put in a DVD-R disc, you can replace it with a DVD-RW disc. I bought a Philips DVD-RW disc, however, when I switched the dvd-r disc and put in the dvd-rw disc, an error came up. I tried to erase it with disk utility, but the disc wasn't being read. So, my question is, did I buy the wrong dvd-rw disc, or is tricking idvd2 not possible? Any tips would be appreciated. [...
I read in macworld magazine, in march of 2002, that by tricking iDVD2 into thinking that you put in a DVD-R disc, you can replace it with a DVD-RW disc. I bought a Philips DVD-RW disc, however, when I switched the dvd-r disc and put in the dvd-rw disc, an error came up I tried to erase it with disk utility, but the disc wasn't being read. So, my question is, did I buy the wrong dvd-rw disc, or is tricking idvd2 not possible? Any tips would be appreciated. [...
I was wondering what program to get that will make the best vcd? DVD-R discs are too expensive to put videos on that you are messing around with. Any help on this matter would be great.
Are there any decent programs to download to rip a dvd for the imac? I would like to put real movie intros, like the thx sound test, on my home movies. Thanks.
I recently got a new 17" widescreen iMac. It is the coolest computer! The speakers are great also. I am impressed with the sound for the size.
Hello again, I have another question. Is there an mp3 program to download songs from the internet for use with the new mac os x? I am having trouble finding any for a mac. Thanks for any input. :cool: