or Connect

Posts by sirozha

The one LAN port on this device is to connect a NAS to. Everything else (at least in the future) will be able to push over 1 Gbps over Wi-Fi. Of course, if you have more wired devices, you can use a standalone switch. Or use your existing router's LAN ports if you don't want to buy a switch, connect your existing router's LAN port to this device's single LAN port and disable DHCP and Wi-Fi on your existing router. If you need a DMZ, you should get a real firewall. Consider...
I want a Bluetooth keyboard with solar panel charging from Apple. Logitech released one several years ago. There should be a USB option for charging as well (which Logitech didn't have) in case there is not enough sunlight in certain situation, but for the most part, solar panels should provide enough charge so that the keyboard needs never be plugged in. Same should be true for Magic Trackpad, which has a benefit of using the entire trackpad surface as a solar panel. 
Do you consider Magic Mouse to be a professional mouse? I wasn't referring to a professional mouse but rather comparing Magic Trackpad to Magic Mouse. 
Once I started using the Magic Trackpad 3 years ago, I never want to look back at any other pointing device. I can't even imagine computing with a mouse anymore even if it's a Magic Mouse, of which I have three sitting on a shelf. I bought Magic Trackpads for myself, my mother, and my wife, and all of them much prefer the trackpad to the mouse. There's just absolutely no comparison between the Magic Trackpad and the Magic Mouse. Using the Magic Trackpad does require one...
I thought the A-G system is mostly used in the US.  The lesson in the embedded video tells the girl to play Doh, Doh, Doh, and the girl in the video is playing a Fa-sharp repeatedly. I haven't played a piano in a long time, but I do remember which keys are which notes in the "fixed Doh" system, and the note she played was definitely a Fa-sharp.    So, I googled this, and it seems there's such a thing as a "movable Doh" system, whereby you can name any first note as a...
I've been looking for a system like that for about a year now. I have an old KORG digital piano with weighted keys back from the early 1990s, which does have a MIDI interface. I was able to connect it to an iPad and to a Mac using a MIDI to USB adapter. I also found a couple of piano teaching apps on the App store that work with the MIDI interfaced pianos. So, in principle, I found what I need, except keys do not light up. I'm trying to interest my 5-year-old child in...
BAre you kidding me? You can't build a McDonalds in the US for $2 million. Two million for Apple is pocket change not worth a meeting with a contractor on a project this size.
That's fascinating. I am actually in the market for a new vehicle and am looking for one that offers Google Maps. When you say Google maps sucks, I wonder if you are living on another planet. In my world, Apple Maps sucks. If you have a busy lifestyle, in my world you can't use Apple Maps because in about 50% of cases, it will navigate you to the wrong place. I'm a big fan of Apple, but their maps is a disaster even years after it was first introduced. Originally, I was...
I would rather they had dropped a headphone jack and put a second USB-C port. That way one could either use Bluetooth headphones or USB headphones. Much more versatility with two USB-C ports than with one USB-C port and one headphone jack.
Have you ever compared speed of wireless tethering vs wired tethering? I get 65 Mbps download speed tethering via a USB cable in certain places - using my iPhone 5S. There's no way to achieve this via Wi-Fi tethering even if you take all the interference out of the equation, which is a big IF. Tethering via Wi-Fi is slow and introduces unnecessary latency.Additionally, when you tether over Wi-Fi, you drain your phone battery pretty quickly.