or Connect

Posts by sirozha

I thought the A-G system is mostly used in the US.  The lesson in the embedded video tells the girl to play Doh, Doh, Doh, and the girl in the video is playing a Fa-sharp repeatedly. I haven't played a piano in a long time, but I do remember which keys are which notes in the "fixed Doh" system, and the note she played was definitely a Fa-sharp.    So, I googled this, and it seems there's such a thing as a "movable Doh" system, whereby you can name any first note as a...
I've been looking for a system like that for about a year now. I have an old KORG digital piano with weighted keys back from the early 1990s, which does have a MIDI interface. I was able to connect it to an iPad and to a Mac using a MIDI to USB adapter. I also found a couple of piano teaching apps on the App store that work with the MIDI interfaced pianos. So, in principle, I found what I need, except keys do not light up. I'm trying to interest my 5-year-old child in...
BAre you kidding me? You can't build a McDonalds in the US for $2 million. Two million for Apple is pocket change not worth a meeting with a contractor on a project this size.
That's fascinating. I am actually in the market for a new vehicle and am looking for one that offers Google Maps. When you say Google maps sucks, I wonder if you are living on another planet. In my world, Apple Maps sucks. If you have a busy lifestyle, in my world you can't use Apple Maps because in about 50% of cases, it will navigate you to the wrong place. I'm a big fan of Apple, but their maps is a disaster even years after it was first introduced. Originally, I was...
I would rather they had dropped a headphone jack and put a second USB-C port. That way one could either use Bluetooth headphones or USB headphones. Much more versatility with two USB-C ports than with one USB-C port and one headphone jack.
Have you ever compared speed of wireless tethering vs wired tethering? I get 65 Mbps download speed tethering via a USB cable in certain places - using my iPhone 5S. There's no way to achieve this via Wi-Fi tethering even if you take all the interference out of the equation, which is a big IF. Tethering via Wi-Fi is slow and introduces unnecessary latency.Additionally, when you tether over Wi-Fi, you drain your phone battery pretty quickly.
First off - the new MacBook can be used by professionals, just not by professional photographers or videographers for photo/video editing. For example, for network engineers, who have been preferring Macs over PCs by a sizable majority for a number of years now, this new MacBook is more than sufficient, and it has one great advantage - it's extremely light. If Apple could put 16 GB of RAM in this new MacBook, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I do need to run desktop...
You are not going to lose your pictures if there's a hard drive crash in the cloud. There are all sorts of redundant storage implemented in iCloud. However, it's mo guarantee that you are not going to lose some or all of your pictures. One example that comes to mind is if your account is hacked. Another one is if you make a mistake and accidentally delete a certain photo. I would suggest making a copy of your library and keeping it off site.
The absence of Googe Maps on Car Play hinders the adoption of Car Play. I'm in the market for a new vehicle, and my initial requirement was integrated Car Play. However, I think I'm dropping this requirement because I will have to continue to use Google Maps on my iPhone. Dynamic re-routing based on live traffic conditions as well as lane guidance - there's no way I would sacrifice these two features. Apple is shooting themselves in the foot by blocking Google Maps on Car...
undefined