or Connect

Posts by sirozha

I hope this is sarcasm.
Voice over LTE is coming, which is the migration path for both CDMA and GSM. So, in the next generation of cellular voice, there will be no incompatible technologies like CDMA vs GSM. Creating a real competitor to AT&T and Verizon may be beneficial to consumers. Currently, both Sprint and T-Mobile coverages are limited compared to AT&T and Verizon. My Shared Value unlimited voice plan on AT&T with 10 GB of shared data costs me $130 (two phones) before my discount. In...
The "double-click-hold-and-drag" method DOES work in Mavericks. This setting is located in: System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad Options > Enable Dragging You can choose to "Enable Dragging" "With Drag Lock" or "Without Drag Lock" Choosing "Enable Dragging"  "With Drag Lock" allows you to lock the drag and then lift the finger off the trackpad for a short moment without losing the drag lock. If the finger is lifted for longer than a second, the...
That is correct. This is the only place where you are required to do a physical click. However, if you configure your Mac to log in without having to authenticate, then you will bypass this screen. I'm sure if Apple is considering a trackpad without a physical click, they are going to make a simple config change, and this screen will no longer required a physical click. 
When the multitouch trackpad came out in 2008 on MacBook Air, the way to highlight a sentence and to drag an object was a double tap with hold after the second tap with dragging without letting go after the second tap-and-hold. A couple years layer, Apple came out with a three-finger tap and drag for that purpose. When they did, they obsoleted the double-tap-hold-and-drag method. It can still be enabled, but it's not listed as a gesture in the Trackpad preference pane...
Is this going to be a hot line to the NSA?
Why Apple doesn't enable Airplaying audio to iOS devices is beyond me. I need to be able to use an iOS device to receive audio from an Apple TV so that we can watch a show after my child goes to sleep without a risk of waking him up. I had to jailbreak my iPad in order to install Airfloat from Cydia. It works like a charm even when the iPad screen goes black and the iPad locks. I have a headphone splitter made by Belkin that I plug into the iPad, and both my wife and I can...
Bonjour is a multicast based protocol. Multicast doesn't propagate across Layer 3 boundaries without special configuration in routers. In your house, every device is on the same subnet, so there no benefit to not using Bonjour for the discovery of Airplay compatible devices. In corporate networks, there may be a layer 3 boundary between an Apple TV's network and the iOS device. So, the Airplay device discovery based on the physical proximity rather than on multicast is...
In Israel, 1.5 million Arabs are full Israeli citizens with representation in the Knesset, equal access to secondary and higher educations, well paid jobs, same transportation, same restaurants, same hotels, same hospitals, same level of medical care, same national healthcare plans, same entertainment venues, same parks, same political rights, equal pay for equal work, freedom of religion, etc. Besides enjoying equal rights with Jews, Israeli Arabs don't have to do the...
That's where my "if you are not lazy ..." statement was directed. A huge 5-seater truck bought to "satisfy both needs" is a bad financial decision. Compare the gas mileage of such a truck to a regular family sedan, the price premium, the difference is sales tax, property tax, insurance, etc. It makes no financial sense to purchase a pickup truck that "serves both needs". By the same token, purchasing a Tesla Model S at today's price makes no financial sense. It does make...