or Connect

Posts by sirozha

There is no ePub support in iBooks Author.
You can't open an ePub book in iBooks Author. You can't even export into ePub from iBooks Author. You can insert text from Pages or MS Word into iBooks Author (good luck on preserving the formatting) and then export into the new format (.ibooks). You can also save it in the iBooks Author native format (.iba). So, for authors who have a feature book as plain text, this would work. For those who are going to write their entire book in iBook Author, this would work as well....
Exactly, what????
I will ignore the troll and will not bite. It is curious, though, that Pages have been able to export files into the ePub format for a year and a half now, but the newly released iBooks Author cannot do this. This is especially strange because the entire iBooks store is based on the ePub format. I would have liked iBooks Author much more if it could open ePub books, edit them, and then save (or export) in the ePub format. I have never done any book authoring, but have...
I haven't tried it yet, but it appears that the .ibooks format is the one you could transfer to the iPad, not the .iba format. The .iba format is the format in which you can save the book on which you are working in iBooks Author. Once the book is ready, you have to export it to the .ibooks format. As for transferring the book to the iPad, Apple has just released iTunes 10.3, and iBooks 2 for iPad, so I think you can add your eBook (exported into the .ibooks format) to the...
I don't have Pages - I am waiting for new iWork to be released. I have been using MS Office (first '08 and then '11) ever since I switched from PCs four years ago, and frankly, the new iWork cannot come out soon enough for me at this point. I just don't feel like buying the old version unless Apple decides to provide free upgrade to the new version. I know Apple is not making a lot of money on iWork, but if they announced a free future upgrade, they could have had so many...
I have downloaded iBooks Author and have tried to open the ePub books that I had purchased from Cisco Press - they are non-DRM ePub books that I can read on my iPad and iPhone, using the iBooks app in iOS. Here's the problem - I cannot open any ePub books in iBooks Author. So, my hopes that iBooks Author would not only allow one to publish eBooks, but also read non-DRM ePub books ,as well as Apple DRM ePub books purchased in iBooks store, have been dashed. When you...
Anything running Android is a Trojan Horse. Google does not make a penny on Android, yet Google is not a charity. Therefore, they have plans to monetize Android in the future. This stage of Android is called expansion, aka "grabbing the market share." They are trying to put Android on as many devices and platforms as they can as quickly as possible by offering it to OEMs for no cost. OEMs eat it up because Android is free for them, so their development costs are minimized...
I have never stolen one app - I don't know how to do it, and I don't want to spend my time on this stupidity. Most apps cost a buck or two, so even if I was a thief, I wouldn't bother. But I'm not a thief. On the contrary, I probably spent about $100 on jailbroken apps between my two iPhones 3GS. So, you should know that when you get an urge to steal something, it's not the vibe you are getting from those around you. It originates from within you.
With all due respect to Steve Jobs, it was probably he who objected to quick access to settings like the one that SBSettings provides on jailbroken iPhones. There's really no reason not to have this feature in iOS, and I hope that now with Steve's unfortunate passing, Apple will reconsider their policy on quick access to settings. Another feature that really needs to make its way into iOS is repeat notification of missed calls. I am 99% sure that the reason this feature...