or Connect

Posts by sirozha

I have never stolen one app - I don't know how to do it, and I don't want to spend my time on this stupidity. Most apps cost a buck or two, so even if I was a thief, I wouldn't bother. But I'm not a thief. On the contrary, I probably spent about $100 on jailbroken apps between my two iPhones 3GS. So, you should know that when you get an urge to steal something, it's not the vibe you are getting from those around you. It originates from within you.
With all due respect to Steve Jobs, it was probably he who objected to quick access to settings like the one that SBSettings provides on jailbroken iPhones. There's really no reason not to have this feature in iOS, and I hope that now with Steve's unfortunate passing, Apple will reconsider their policy on quick access to settings. Another feature that really needs to make its way into iOS is repeat notification of missed calls. I am 99% sure that the reason this feature...
Google purchased Android in 2005. Android was co-founded by Andy Rubin, a former Apple software engineer who worked for Apple in the 1990s within a group that lay foundation for iOS. In fact, Apple is currently suing HTC over the violation of one of the patents, which is part of Android, that was issued for the invention made by the founders of the Apple software development group where Andy Rubin was a "low-level software engineer". Read Macrumors' main page today.Also,...
All I was saying is that friends don't behave this way. If you want to compete, do not pretend being a trusted friend and get on the board of the company that you are planning to compete with. This is so trivial that I am surprised you are not seeing a problem here. Google had all the rights to develop Android to compete with Apple, but business competitors do not claim friendship with each other. Apple could have done the same thing to Google, by the way. Apple has plenty...
I am sticking to my original comment. Google has not made any significant amount of money on Android, but it sure negatively affected Apple's market share in the smartphone market, which could have been much much higher if it weren't for Android. If Eric Schmidt were really a friend, he would not have gone ahead with Android, knowing how much Apple had invested in the iPhone project.
"I was on the board until I couldn't stand the board anymore." "We've all benefited from the tremendous innovation at Apple. And I say this as a very proud former board member at Apple." No kidding! What a jerk.
Do the 5th generation Airport Extreme and Time Capsule support 802.1Q VLANs? Without this support, this equipment is for home use only and only for those who do not want to have an advanced network at home. The Guest access network on the Airport Extreme and/or Time Capsule is tunneled directly to the WAN port. If I want to put another router or firewall in front of the Airport Extreme or Time Capsule and use the Airport Extreme or Time Capsule as an Access Point, I cannot...
You are the one who set the tone - accusing Apple of gobbling up your disk space and then fulfilling the demand with their "expensive" iCloud service plans. Both claims are ridiculous. Instead of trying to understand the concepts behind the new way, you are all over this forum slandering Apple. Apple owes you nothing. You don't like the new way to manage versions, stick with the old OS. You don't like iWork, go to Microsoft Office for Mac. You don't like Macs, go to...
Paranoid. Case closed. I, for one, am very impressed with auto-save and versions. Many a time have I heard screams coming from my wife's office when Word would crash and take down pages of unsaved work. As soon as Apple releases the new iWork, which I'm hoping in the next month, I'm buying it and migrating from MS Office to iWork. I've already used auto-save and versions with TextEdit and with Preview (on fillable form PDFs), and I love this new way.
Wait, I have a perfect solution for you - Windows 7 with Microsoft Office 2010. You will pay $300 for the OS and another $400 for the office. That's $700 for the software compared to $90 that Apple charges for Lion + iWork. Microsoft is almost 8 times better, judging by the price.