or Connect

Posts by lales

Well, the migration WILL be a bit of a pain for me. As a video editor, I used iDisk for sharing many sound and fx elements (motion files, FCP project files, even completed short form mov files of completed projects). Not to mention critical Quicken, and now Moneywell files. Okay, so I need to move to Dropbox... HOWEVER.. I also used iWeb to create my website (hosted by Apple, but with a domain name through Yahoo). So even though I started with an iWeb template, the...
This is EXACTLY like Gartner: whenever their negative predictions about Apple turns out wrong, AI (and others) jump (correctly) on the "look what a bunch of idiots they turned out to be" bandwagon. But when Gartner makes a positive prediction about Apple, AI (and others) will then quote the suddenly "legitimate" news/prediction ad infinitum... Well, you can't have it both ways. McNamee (and Gartner) have just about the same amount of cred they did before: Zero. You...
"promising it will be as "revolutionary" as the first version of the software" I'm a Apple fanboy, a very happy Apple stock owner, and a daily user of FCP. HOWEVER... this is a promise to take with a grain of salt. The first version of FCP was revolutionary only for its price point, and NOT for any other technical or creative reason. One could make the point that Premiere Pro was first at that price point.
I can't believe how this slipped by everyone here... The obvious reason for the shakeup: anyone here check out the new Youtube re-design???
I think the problem is that Rubenstein's probably a brilliant engineer. As CEO - it's apparent not so much. As for Rubenstein's touting his "no iPhone experience", the most telling difference between he and Jobs: Jobs made a point of saying how Apple studied all the phones out there, saw what was missing, and started work on the iPhone.
Yeah, in areas Apple hasn't been much involved with - yet: game consoles, search, mapping (let me know when Bing offers street view)...
There are many of us who DON'T need to worry about Exchange or Outlook. Is there an opinion (and I'm sure there are), on how iWorks stacks up against Office for those who aren't worried about business integration or backwards Office compatibility? I'm not interested in iWorks vs MS Works. As background: I first was an Win Office user, then Office w/Entourage on a Mac in 2005, and for the last few years, iWorks with Apple Mail & iCal. Am I wrong to feel that I'm not...
Total rubbish. Prior to this bit of PR nonsense (which I can't believe AppleInsider regurgitates), 40" or greater was ALWAYS considered the mark. I've never before read anything about 55" being the rez barrier. EVER. IF this rumor is true, I think it'll be a BIG, BIG problem from a marketing standpoint, since the other download services do offer 1080p DLs. I can almost guarantee the competition (I'm talking to you Google & MS) will use this limitation in their own...
Didn't anyone read the last few sentences? Such as new ProApp designers being hired?
I find Firefox considerably slower than Safari on a 2009 MBP. Also, blur texxt in what what way? I did a side by side comparison of this exact page between the two browsers, and apart from multi-quote and quick reply, I saw NO difference whatsoever. However it does surprise me more than a little that Chrome surpassed Safari in market share so quickly. Also that more Apple users don't defer to Safari rather Firefox (whose ONLY positive in my mind is the plug-in search...