or Connect

Posts by zoffdino

Upgrade: meh. Downgrade: sale sale sale. Only for Apple!
An unknown supplier can pull off this stun. They don't need tens of millions of pieces of sapphire glasses. Neither do they have to worry about brittleness of the screen, or about court-challenges to the "unbreakable" display. If it breaks, people will just say "well, it's a cheap Chinese phone, what do you expect?". They don't have a reputation to lose when things go south. They don't have the intense media scrutiny on their every move.   See how easy life is for Apple?
 It's an attempt to one-up Apple. Apple only has the iPhone 6, we are up to 7, see! But they forgot that the latest Apple CPU is called A8. They also have other phones called A3 and A5 (not available in the US, info here: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-compares-the-Galaxy-A7-A5-and-A3-in-new-infographic_id64718). So it can be seen as an attempt to copy BMW, using Audi moniker. Samsung, even in their thief costume, is still a terrible failure.
I wish Apple would declare another "no new feature" release like Snow Leopard. Take a year to squash out all the bugs in the existing version of OS X and iOS 8. iOS 8.1.2 has been really buggy with iCloud syncing. Documents don't update in the background anymore. Random crashes in Safari, even crashing the whole iPad. Yosemite wifi is inconsistent, jerky animation (on my 2012 Mac Mini), etc. Come on Apple, I know you are better than this.
Apple sold a record number of iPhones in the December quarter, stock goes down 1.5%. Make sense, doesn't it?
IF UBS is confident in its data, its price target would be $125 for next month. A 35% iPhone growth will move the stock massively. I assumed UBS back tested its model against past iPhone sales. What's the outcome of that experiment?
What, a company calling itself "iDevices" is allowed to do business with Apple? Don't you know that Apple owns the letter "i"? /s It looks to be limited to on-off function for now. Still I'm waiting for the multi-port version before parting with my cash.
Hire me, hire me. For 10% of the bonus I will run the company into the ground 10 times faster. That's 100x more efficient that your chimps with MBAs. Your MBAs teach you all about efficiency right?
For a second, I misread it as PoopPay. Since this is Samsung, it's probably not too far apart. But really, credit card data on the most insecure mobile platform?
Come out now, BlackBerry!