or Connect

Posts by zoffdino

Given how bloated Photoshop has become over the years, Pixelmator was a breath of fresh air. Photoshop's GUI has gone from assuring, functional to low-contrast, web-app-like color scheme. Pixelmator still doesn't match PS one-to-one, especially when it comes to advanced filters (truck load downloadable from the web for PS) and high-end publishing process (spot colours, preflight, separation , etc.) But it's perfectly adequate to make images for a website. Much more...
I don't know how the goons at JD Power is doing their math. According to their own formula, Samsung score would be 3.52 and Apple has 4.52, 20% higher. How the hell do they rank Samsung on top? This must be a upside down world when 3.52 > 4.52. Hey JD Power, zombies ate my brain today. I ain't got any left. Can I apply to be an analyst at your firm? I would be a star.
with dual-GPU, this machine is clearly aimed at the video/effects/graphics crowd. Within that segment, no amount of internal storage will ever be enough, so external storage is a given. There are also tons of external equipment like editing boards, capture boxes, sound mixers, drawing tablets, etc. Thunderbolt 2 is a pretty good replacement for PCI Express slots (the current Mac Pro has 4 PCI-E x16 slots). For this purpose, the new Mac Pro is an impressive computer. The...
LinkedIn is trying to boost their user-engagement. Most treat them like a online resume%u2014fill it once and never touches it again. May be visit the site for 30 seconds when someone accepts your invitation to connect. I'm seeing a lot of recruiters using it though. Within the past month, I got 3 requests to connect to discuss job postings, mostly from the HR agencies. I guess they are the only one who search for candidates now. In-house HR people are just too lazy to do...
Played with Numbers for a bit. Graphs and images are now easier to insert. Still missing Pivot table and inline formula argument suggestions, so hard core number crunches like me are not going to use it to... well, crunch numbers. The GUI redesign brings it closer to the iPad version. It's not the best interface for a desktop app, but neither was the one before. I'm keeping the older version around just in case I don't like it enough,
Rounded edges, brushed aluminum, textured covered -- that's all Jony Ive bring to the legndary Leica M? I much prefer to regular production Leica with its sharp and masculine edges. And thank God it's still the regular Leica's font being used for the engraving. I would puke if Jony had changed it to Helvetica Neue.
Apple to Samsung: "you wish you have a line as long as me..." Now go and copy that!
  I was just speaking figuratively. It does matter if the real number is 60M, 70M or 50M. The point is, they could have sold more with a bigger screen. Some people on here will cry Apple doesn't need a bigger screen, if you want it there's an iPad Mini. Those are the very same people who fervently argued that people didn't need an iPad Mini. But when Apple released one, they hailed it as the best invention ever. Why are we so afraid to criticize Apple's stubbornness, and...
  Yes, the iPhone 5 sold 60M copies with its 4" screen. But time and perception have changed. A friend of mine got an iPhone 5, after 3GS, after a BlackBerry. He was at first wowed by the iPhone 5, screen size was not a problem. Now it is. Just a few weeks back, he said that if there wasn't a larger screen, he would go to Android next. Perceptions have changed. 60M people bought the 4" screen because they thought it was adequate for them. No doubt somebody still do. But...
The original poster knows perfectly how to read Activity Monitor. My PC from 1996 has 32MB of RAM in it, which ran Office 95 comfortably. I’m looking at my Word 2011 process on my Activity Monitor, and it shows 40MB. 40MB for a full blown word processor compared to 35MB for a plain text editor is pretty worrying.